Pros and Cons of being a fake person Watch

andyboy001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

Everyone of us will have to be a 'fake' person at some point of our life.

e.g. maybe getting along with your boss or avoid confrontation with somebody, when your gut feeling contradicts with the other person.

Sometimes people have o fake to achieve a certain goal, like giving a good impression to people which will give a good base for building connections.
(Also, a good connection will provide you a good opportunity to understand other people and being empathetic and caring.)

Concealing your gut feelings and being emotionally in control is important when you are a team leader, as you have to take into account your team members' feelings, as you have to responsibility to manage and lead them. Being fake is sometimes beneficial.

So what do you guys think?

Do you think is good to fake?

Is it good to practice it frequently?
INeedToLoseWeight
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The friend of mine who I would consider most fake is also most popular, so yeah it works. She comes across as nice and friendly to everyone, but I am the only one who sees that she does it to be popular.
chrislpp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everyone is being someone.

Few people know who they really are and even fewer that do are in their youth.
rebecca871
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
pros: get your own way

cons: difficulty with genuine relationships/FOREVERALONE
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
fake good points:
Can be liked/feared etc. you can be perceived in whatever way you like. you can just put on a show. Be the person you want to be.
You can be distant from the person you really are, or how you used to act, which may be good in getting over bad past experiences. A way of 'starting anew'
Being nicer to more people will create a nicer atmosphere, and will also open up more opportunities, one of which could be to meet even more new people, some may even be more suited to your real self but you would never have met them if you didn't 'accomodate' yourself to be liked by certain people.

bad points
You could never truly relax and be yourself
you will be one of those people who will be knackered and tired out trying to please people, may even become resentful
a lot of people can 'sense' when a person isn't being genuine and insincere and can cause a lot of distrust and suspicion.
you will gain a lot of 'fake' friends, who may not help you in a serious time of need.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
A person might find it too difficult to connect with anybody, he has no choice...but to put on a mask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise