very skinny girl, want to exercise without losing weight! Watch

mightyhawk
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey,

I have been skinny all my life (5ft 1, 44kg, BMI of 18.5) and I have never had to watch what I eat. I have always been quite lazy because I worry if I exercise too much I will lose weight. However, I have realised how unhealthy this is and have begun to exercise (partly because I am going on a 2 week trek in the summer) and I am petrified of losing weight and not having enough energy to increase my stamina and performance. I already eat as much as I can (normally little and often), so would a weight gainer such as this

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products...FQoY4Qod40E5EA

be a good idea? I have not heard of the company before but they are the only one I can find which produce a drink which is carbohydrates and protein (i am not in it for the big muscle gain, just don't want to lose the little fat I have). I do eat around 2200 calories a day but I haven't put on weight since I stopped growing!

Any advice would be great for this gym novice, I have searched everywhere online and it's rare for a girl to not want to lose weight!
SMed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Make sure you incorporate resistance training as well. You should, in theory, see an increase in appetite when exercising. Which is why, statistically, exercise alone isn't really good for weight loss in the general population that doesn't control nutrition.

Try adding some easy liquid calories like whole milk. Will probably be cheaper, and definitely easier, than weight gainers. Drink an extra pint or two of whole milk.
11random
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mightyhawk)
Hey,

I have been skinny all my life (5ft 1, 44kg, BMI of 18.5) and I have never had to watch what I eat. I have always been quite lazy because I worry if I exercise too much I will lose weight. However, I have realised how unhealthy this is and have begun to exercise (partly because I am going on a 2 week trek in the summer) and I am petrified of losing weight and not having enough energy to increase my stamina and performance. I already eat as much as I can (normally little and often), so would a weight gainer such as this

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products...FQoY4Qod40E5EA

be a good idea? I have not heard of the company before but they are the only one I can find which produce a drink which is carbohydrates and protein (i am not in it for the big muscle gain, just don't want to lose the little fat I have). I do eat around 2200 calories a day but I haven't put on weight since I stopped growing!

Any advice would be great for this gym novice, I have searched everywhere online and it's rare for a girl to not want to lose weight!
Tell us about your current diet, what exercises you do and we can probably give more tips. As it is vital you have these correct before adding supplements to your diet.

On a side note, myprotein.com is a reputable site
Singh_2
Badges: 1
Report 7 years ago
Starting Strength.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (129)
18.48%
No (422)
60.46%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.06%

Watched Threads