Turn on thread page Beta

Hippy bohemian men :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had a boyfriend for at least 3 years now.
    I have such a idealistic view on te man I wish for. I am a hopeless romantic.
    The guys I seem to meet or come across are 'pretty boys' and 'chavs'... no offence but all they want to do is get into my knickers but I would like to meet a nice guy who enjoys the simple things in life like incense sticks, nature, Jimi Hendrix and a good cup of tea

Do you have a ideal view on your perfect partner?
    Have you ever met anyone who comes close to your ideal partner?
    Are you a beautiful hippy man? haha

ReputationRep:
    You should come to where I live, it's hippy central, and it's fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Here take my time machine.

ReputationRep:
    I want a hippy dude to want to get into my knickers but I do not want a chav

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    You should come to where I live, it's hippy central, and it's fantastic.
    Yes I want to move to Devon

aaaah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaniiDean)
    I want a hippy dude to want to get into my knickers but I do not want a chav
    I know someone who'd be perfect for you. This guy started chatting to me about my book in a cafe once (it's a really nice laid back cafe that most ignorant people would say is full of wierdos, except everyone's really lovely) and he was a writer, had a really laid back clothing style, but didn't look as though he hadn't washed, and wasn't all hippy stereotype, I bet he'd sweep you off your feet, plus he was really good looking.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who'd be perfect for you. This guy started chatting to me about my book in a cafe once (it's a really nice laid back cafe that most ignorant people would say is full of wierdos, except everyone's really lovely) and he was a writer, had a really laid back clothing style, but didn't look as though he hadn't washed, and wasn't all hippy stereotype, I bet he'd sweep you off your feet, plus he was really good looking.
    Haha send him my way!!!

Where I live everyone is vile... serious they are disgusting.
    I just want to be in a place where everyone enjoy the same things as I do.
    I haven't met anyone even close boo hoo

ReputationRep:
    Haha send him my way!!!

Where I live everyone is vile... serious they are disgusting.
    I just want to be in a place where everyone enjoy the same things as I do.
    I haven't met anyone even close boo hoo
    This is how wikipedia described my town.. is a thriving centre for music, art, theatre and natural health. It has a sizeable alternative and "New Age" community, and is known as a place where one can live a bohemian lifestyle

It's a little place called Totnes, you'd love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    So you want a wimpy hippy type who doesn't want to get into your knickers to come sweep you off your feet..

..was there ever a finer example of how (some) girls will never be truly satisfied? :rolleyes:
    I love hippy men and prefer to date them as in general because they tend to see people more holistically and be less pushy about the sex, but they also make fantastic lovers because they tend to be incredibly openminded and tender.

I dont find men who sneer at being open with their emotion or men who are obsessed with being macho attractive in the slightest. As a matter of fact I just think, how the hell could I connect with someone like that?!

Bohemian guys are much nicer guys in my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    I would like to meet a nice guy who enjoys the simple things in life like incense sticks, nature, Jimi Hendrix and a good cup of tea
    :love:

The day when I meet a girl who's interested in all these things in real life will be the happiest day of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Theres no such thing as a perfect partner, but:

someone who is loving, caring, appreciates who I am and not something they want me to mould into. Appreciates the fact that I am not perfect, or have a body like a supermodel, and not someone who likes me purely because of my looks.

Someone who is my best friend, who laughs when I laugh, understands my sense of humour, who will be there by my side when I am at my lowest points in my life, someone who can give me advice, happiness, kindness, someone who respects me, who understands that those who are less fortunate deserve our help.

I'd like a man who doesn't think money means the world, and that expensive cars, clothes and gadgets are the ultimate.

I'd like someone who wakes up every morning looking forward to the fact that they have me as a girlfriend/wife and wouldn't change our life for anything else, because hopefully it would be perfect. I'd like someone who is patient, understanding, considerate towards others, understands my feelings, and other peoples feelings. Someone who is not arrogant, vain.

Someone who is respectful to my family, gets on well with them and my friends.

i would like someone who questions the world around him, and not in a bubble of their own, who is world aware and wants to strive to make a positive difference.
    Someone who is thoughtful, reasonably intelligent and willing to do new things and is adventurous.
    Someone who has a positive outlook towards life, appreciates life and the things around us.
    Someone who is supportive.
    A man who has integrity, who is honest, trustworthy, sincere of ethics and behaviour.
    Someone who can help me if I get into problems who is willing to do anything they can to make the relationship work because after all every couple has their ups and downs. Someone who doesn't give up easily and is commited.
    Someone who eats healthily, looks after themselves both physically, mentally, spiritually.
    A man who is good with kids, wants kids, and wants to bring them up in a good family home.
    Someone who can stand on their own feet, and does not rely on me all the time,
    Someone who loves to travel but also likes to be at home
    Someone who is not afraid to be different, try new things, think outside the box
    someone who can teach me new things vice versa
    someone who is successful (whether it be a small or big success)
    This person doesn't have to have amazing good looks, or have to have an amazing body, this person doesn't have to be the best cook in the world, or have the best smile, or voice, I don't care if this person is blind or deaf, as long as they appreciate life and they are a good person and apprecite me and love me and God. That's all I want. And if they only have some of the things here, well we can work on it vice vera. I'm not saying i'm perfect either. x

ReputationRep:
    Hippys will probably cheat on you, be apathic about everything which will make a relationship impossible, and have problems with authority which will make them unable to be successful in life. Why bother?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriag)
    this is how wikipedia described my town.. Is a thriving centre for music, art, theatre and natural health. It has a sizeable alternative and "new age" community, and is known as a place where one can live a bohemian lifestyle

it's a little place called totnes, you'd love it.
    oh my god!!!!
    I was chatting to a dude from there the other day haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bultmann)
    Hippys will probably cheat on you, be apathic about everything which will make a relationship impossible, and have problems with authority which will make them unable to be successful in life. Why bother?
    I have problems with authority

ReputationRep:
    oh my god!!!!
    I was chatting to a dude from there the other day haha
    Did he tell you how lovely it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    :love:

The day when I meet a girl who's interested in all these things in real life will be the happiest day of my life.
    ahhhh yay

ReputationRep:
    This thread is vile. Y'all need a rethink on life.

If the **** hits the fan in life, im sure Blakesley the androgynous hippy will protect you.

ReputationRep:
    Did he tell you how lovely it is?
    he did indeed... he was lovely too

I can dream

ReputationRep:
    But are you doing anything to meet these ideal guys or just daydreaming your life away?

I haven't had a boyfriend for at least 3 years now.
    I have such a idealistic view on te man I wish for. I am a hopeless romantic.
    The guys I seem to meet or come across are 'pretty boys' and 'chavs'... no offence but all they want to do is get into my knickers but I would like to meet a nice guy who enjoys the simple things in life like incense sticks, nature, Jimi Hendrix and a good cup of tea

Do you have a ideal view on your perfect partner?
    Have you ever met anyone who comes close to your ideal partner?
    Are you a beautiful hippy man? haha
    You sound like you know what you're looking for

If I was still bothering myself to look, I'd be looking for a girl who likes all kinds of music (especially classical, jazz, blues, &c), likes to have proper debates about God (I'm a Christian - my social downfall), religion in general, sciences, philosophy, whatever, and who doesn't mind that I might sometimes rant on about whatever I'm thinking about (because that helps me straighten out my mind).

And I'm neither beautiful nor a hippy, but good luck with your search

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.