The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i go to a private school....but pay the normal $800 for IB DIploma Examinations......but curious at the same time as to why there has been an increase in the fees...??....or has it really increased??
Reply 21
i go to a private school....but pay the normal $800 for IB DIploma Examinations......but curious at the same time as to why there has been an increase in the fees...??....or has it really increased??
Reply 22
My school is private, its approx $60 per exam plus approx $150 registeration fees. The total is around 28000 THB which is $670.
Reply 23
My school is private, its approx $60 per exam plus approx $150 registeration fees. The total is around 28000 THB which is $670.
Reply 24
tanyakarn

That is dirt cheap
Reply 25
hey i cant believe this ppl!! my skool is probabaly robbing us...the charge for two years of IB is approx 13,043$....and this not including the cost of uniforms,trips,books...etc. that we hav to pay additional to this!!and by the way i am from india.
Reply 26
Private School? That could be why.
Reply 27
ohh now i get it!
Reply 28
paridhi
ohh now i get it!

== bright ==
Reply 29
lol...watever....ppl make mistakes!!! :p:
Reply 30
Kuba
Ya if you go to a public school its not so if you are a kid of ambasador which means you got to pay up:wink:

but that is only for private school, right? if you are a kid if ambasador and go to a public school you wouldn't have to pay?
Reply 31
in Malaysia only two school provide IB as our pre-u programs...... it is meant only for the selected students.and all the students are sponsored by some bodies....so....all the cost are covered. not even a single penny...

another two private international school provide IB programs in malaysia.....comparatively from the whole students in malaysia, less than 1% students who aged between 19-20 take IB as pre-U programme..
Reply 32
wowwwwwww!!! 13 000 euro!!!! in my city (haha more like a town) we dont have a private school..and my school's the only one that offers IB (and regular programs as well)..but we don't have to pay for it as our school board pays for it
Gem4323
but we don't have to pay for it as our school board pays for it

Just wondering how are the teaching facilities in your school, because even though we pay for the IB courses by ourselves, the teaching facilities in our school haven't imporved much...
Reply 34
fishcandyguo
Just wondering how are the teaching facilities in your school, because even though we pay for the IB courses by ourselves, the teaching facilities in our school haven't imporved much...

They're actually pretty good...the teachers have to go through special training (as i think all IB teachers do)...and they teach pretty well
Wow no way, I feel lucky. We don't pay a dime in Florida. I mean. Nothing. Seriously.
Gem4323
They're actually pretty good...the teachers have to go through special training (as i think all IB teachers do)...and they teach pretty well

The teachers in my school are great. What I meant was the teaching hardwares, like the library etc.
Reply 37
ohhhh the library..as its for everyone including the regular program kids...its really good...the sci labs are mediocre though:s-smilie: but another school in the city that only has the regular program has realllly good science labs
I go to a public school in Norway (the land of political correctness :P), so I only pay NOK 5500 (= around 630 Euro) in exam fees.
We have to pay about US$3,000 a term, and there are 3 terms in a year. And that doesn't include any extras like fieldtrips, calculators, some textbooks. It's too much. Our school doesn't even have amazing facilities or a whole lot of subject choices.

Latest

Trending

Trending