Pashto
    Urdu
    Punjabi

Can read & comprehend:

Farsi
    Arabic
    Gujrati

ReputationRep:
    I know French and German semi-fluently...

I know a few words and/or phrases in at least 15 other languages (I'll try and name them all if you want me to, though I'd rather not have to rack my brain thinking of the one or two I'll be forgetting at the end )

I know I've once listed 18 languages (including English, French and German) in a similar thread on another board several months ago My latest attempt to remember them, I think I listed 16 total

ReputationRep:
    Fluent in English, Arabic and Somali (sort of :p: ). I can also speak, read and write basic French.

ReputationRep:
    Fluent in English and French. Passable Italian, learning Chinese
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i speak english yay!!! n some spanish n very very very very small french and chinese hehe oooo and nigerian languages and i understand it too yay for me hehe

ReputationRep:
    English fluently, French reasonably (aiming for GCSE grade A) and Spanish slightly worse but improving rapidly (aiming for A*), a little Catalan and a few words of German, Italian and Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    English (fluently, obviously ), French (reasonably), Can use some BSL, Intend to start learning Spanish after A levels.

ReputationRep:
    English...got an A level in French so i spose i'm fairly good at that
    got gcse's in spanish and german but i can't really speak much of either
    and i did chinese last year but can't really speak all that much

ReputationRep:
    I really wannnt to learn spanish after going to costa rica so i can go back and fend for myself! I only did french to GCSE so only have the basics

ReputationRep:
    just an observation, but is it necessary to say you speak english while writting in english in an english forum....

ReputationRep:
    English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Hindi.
    Learning Latin & Greek.

ReputationRep:
    English, Somali, Arabic, French

ReputationRep:
    English is my first language. I can read, speak and comprehend French to quite a high standard. I also speak Welsh.

ReputationRep:
    Japanese is my first language, though I can use English just as well these days.

I learn Spanish and German at school but they're still at GCSE Level, and though I can comprehend quite simple texts in them, I can't speak/listen to it well.

ReputationRep:
    I speak English like a native, I can understand Somali very well, but I can't really speak it, Uni language course and GCSE in French, a little arabic, mainly to read and a few phrases in German (aufwiedersehen, was kostet das? etc, etc..).

ReputationRep:
    english is mastered, but only at elementary stage in mathematics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperMoon)
    just an observation, but is it necessary to say you speak english while writting in english in an english forum....
    Makes the list look longer

ReputationRep:
    In order of how much i know:
    English, Kutchi, Gujarati, French, Hindi, Arabic, Swahili, Punjabi

ReputationRep:
    english.

few words of french and german.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.