Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fluent in English and Up to GCSE level in Welsh and French!

ReputationRep:
    english :rolleyes:
    german to A2 standard, I'm particularly good at talking about the environment and asylum seekers... well that's what they teach us!

:eek: at how many languages people speak! I should know some French, we were "taught" it for 2 years but as we'd done German longer, they thought we'd not bother with the GCSE so we just watched sub-titled films.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    English :rolleyes:
    Some French
    Little (and I Mean EXTREMELY Little) Italian (Even Though I Really Should Learn It Since Half My Family Are Italian )

ReputationRep:
    what the HELL is elvish?

fluent in english and french, competent in german, speak basic spanish, can read italian and latin!

ReputationRep:
    by the way, when people say 'fluent' what do they actually mean?
    i take it to mean that you could study at uni level in french....i.e. way more than a level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mademoiselle84)
    what the HELL is elvish?
    I believe it's the language JRR Tolkien invented for the elves in Middle-Earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wojewodztwo_pl)
    im fluent in polish and english. right now im learning greek, spanish, and french.
    I can say a few things in polish
    im fluent in English funnily enough and a know a little french and spanish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mademoiselle84)
    what the HELL is elvish?

fluent in english and french, competent in german, speak basic spanish, can read italian and latin!
    Im just glad noones claimed to be fluent in Klingon so far...

ReputationRep:
    I'm fluent in Klingon! ... no I'm not, just kidding. I'm good with the Firefly-speak though

English fluently, basic Japanese and French, German to A* GCSE, and Mandarin Chinese (first year uni standard, plus lots of swearing )

ReputationRep:
    Fluent in Russian (native Russian )
    Fluent in English (study A-Level History and Economics in English)
    Fluent in German (been learning it for 11 yeawrs now, love it!)

ReputationRep:
    fluent in swedish and english
    want to learn better french, and i would also like to learn russia, italian, spanish, etc. list can be made so long. i don't want to be fluent in all but able to make myself understandable.

ReputationRep:
    Completely fluent in English

I can get the jist of something written in french, for example if i'm in france and i need to read sign or i'm buying something i can look at the text and i can work out what it means. Without the more complicated words.

Same for german, i know enough to roughly understand a bit of text.

As for spoken french and german, very bad. Might be able to introduce myself and give yes/no responses to simple questions.

It would be nice to be able to speak another lanquage properly.

(Original post by Zakatu)
    Completely fluent in English

I can get the jist of something written in french, for example if i'm in france and i need to read sign or i'm buying something i can look at the text and i can work out what it means. Without the more complicated words.

Same for german, i know enough to roughly understand a bit of text.

As for spoken french and german, very bad. Might be able to introduce myself and give yes/no responses to simple questions.

It would be nice to be able to speak another lanquage properly.
    Fluent in English and Arabic
    Up to GCSE in French
    and a couple of years of German!

ReputationRep:
    I'm fluent in English, have been doing French for 5 and a half years, German for 4 years and I'm about to start to learn Urdu.

ReputationRep:
    English, obviously.
    French and German- currently doing AS, so basically nowhere near fluent...
    Latin- GCSE grade B. Still can't translate school motto though. Helps with understanding a bit of Spanish (ok, I know about 5 words...)
    And of course, Pig Latin

ReputationRep:
    fluent in english and basic german

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    I was sitting at dinner the other day surrounded by people talking myriad languages ( none of which i can understand) and realised that a comfortable majority of those staying in my hall are, at the very least, bi-lingual and i know of several who can speak 3-4 or more languages fluently. We have a 'which languages would you like to learn?' thread so heres the 'Which languages can you speak?' thread. How many languages are you fluent in and what are they? Did you learn them at home/at school etc?
    Fluent in English
    Can hold a good conversation in Spanish
    Can understand SOME German
    Have a reading knowledge of French.

ReputationRep:
    Fluent in English
    GCSE in Russian, but has all gone from memory now.
    Learnt German for past 5 years and can actually kind of speak it!
    Learnt French for past 4 years
    Learnt Welsh for too long, and still can't really remember it so don't know it it counts.
    I've got my GCSE in the last 3 and English this year so if I pass must mean I can understand it ish.

ReputationRep:
    i can speak german well and sometimes use it when bored,for fun. French i know little bits of and swedish ( if you go to ikea you know swedish)

ReputationRep:
    Fluent in english, german and chinese

speak a lil japanese

can read italian...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.