Turn on thread page Beta

Strange thing happened in work today... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My co-worker was approached today by a guy who asked him if I worked there, using my full name.
    When he was told that I did work there he just went 'Cool.' and walked straight out the door again...
    I have no idea who it was and even from a description I don't think I know him.
    Now it's going around my work that I have a stalker haha.
    Weird right?
    Anyone else had similar experiences?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know that you don't know him?

ReputationRep:
    Spooky :/

BEWARE.

ReputationRep:
    If there are any bushes outside the front of where you work, you might want to put in a request for them to be trimmed down. Completely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    My co-worker was approached today by a guy who asked him if I worked there, using my full name.
    When he was told that I did work there he just went 'Cool.' and walked straight out the door again...
    I have no idea who it was and even from a description I don't think I know him.
    Now it's going around my work that I have a stalker haha.
    Weird right?
    Anyone else had similar experiences?
    Well I just checked out your profile, and as I thought, it mentions where you work. Be careful about this. This is a public forum and a LOT of people visit this site. Also you have pics on your profile. Someone could easily Google your name and uni and look for pics and then find your surname via the net.

That's why I'd never post a pic of myself or state my real name or location on here.

I don't want to make you paranoid...but it's a funny old world so be careful out there and don't give too many personal details about yourself on a public forum. Hugz x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeputyDog)
    Well I just checked out your profile, and as I thought, it mentions where you work. Be careful about this. This is a public forum and a LOT of people visit this site. Also you have pics on your profile. Someone could easily Google your name and uni and look for pics and then find your surname via the net.

That's why I'd never post a pic of myself or state my real name or location on here.

I don't want to make you paranoid...but it's a funny old world so be careful out there and don't give too many personal details about yourself on a public forum. Hugz x
    I've named the company I work for, not the place.
    I don't like that near my uni so theres no way of tracking my work with respects to the location of my uni...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    How do you know that you don't know him?
    because he was described to me and i don't know anyone that fits the description.
    or anyone who would do something as weird as that... :/

ReputationRep:
    Right, well, thanks for sharing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Right, well, thanks for sharing.
    I did ask a question at the end...
    Didn't just share a random story.
    Although that was the main point to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I had a customer ask my name once after I was confused by what she was saying. Must have given bad customer service I wasn't wearing my name badge, naughty.

I usually wear my name badge and it's annoying when customers decide to call me by my first name.
    OR call me 'Primark Rachel' :/

ReputationRep:
    I did ask a question at the end...
    Didn't just share a random story.
    Although that was the main point to this thread.
    Ok fine, yes it's a little weird. Done walk home alone at night.

ReputationRep:
    I've named the company I work for, not the place.
    I don't like that near my uni so theres no way of tracking my work with respects to the location of my uni...
    Well we know you study in Glasgow from your profile. You just told us you don't work in the ''Pavers Shoes'' store in Glasgow, so we can assume you go home over the weekend to work. That leaves us with 7 stores max around the Scotland area cause again we may assume that you don't live in Newcastle or something because it's quite unlikely for someone to travel that far every weekend just for work..

Visiting those 7 stores isn't too difficult .. I could easily go to all 7 of them and just ask hey does stacy work here?

There are many many ways of tracking where you work stacy Don't underestimate the internet ^^

btw, maybe just someone on facebook? How are your facebook settings? Do you have a public or private profile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    Well we know you study in Glasgow from your profile. You just told us you don't work in the ''Pavers Shoes'' store in Glasgow, so we can assume you go home over the weekend to work. That leaves us with 7 stores max around the Scotland area cause again we may assume that you don't live in Newcastle or something because it's quite unlikely for someone to travel that far every weekend just for work..

Visiting those 7 stores isn't too difficult .. I could easily go to all 7 of them and just ask hey does stacy work here?

There are many many ways of tracking where you work stacy Don't underestimate the internet ^^

btw, maybe just someone on facebook? How are your facebook settings? Do you have a public or private profile.
    1. I live at home and therefore live a 40 minute train journey away from my uni
    2. My work is 5 minutes from where I live.
    3. Hence, my work is not in Glasgow
    4. My work is not an individual store
    5. He used my full name
    :P

My facebook is private but i dunno if you can still read info boxes?

ReputationRep:
    Ok fine, yes it's a little weird. Done walk home alone at night.
    yeh done do that, its dangerous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)

It was this dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786girl)
    yeh done do that, its dangerous
    I'll kill you.

ReputationRep:
    I'll kill you.
    you can't do that because i done walk home alone

ReputationRep:
    legend.
    + rep for you cause you's funnyyyy!

ReputationRep:
    1. I live at home and therefore live a 40 minute train journey away from my uni
    2. My work is 5 minutes from where I live.
    3. Hence, my work is not in Glasgow
    4. My work is not an individual store
    5. He used my full name
    :P

My facebook is private but i dunno if you can still read info boxes?
    You do realise that by telling people this stuff on an open forum, you're giving people even MORE info about yourself, where you live, work etc., right?

It could've just been one of those 'mystery shopper' people, perhaps?

Can't you ask your boss to rewind the CCTV tape back to the time he came into the shop and then you can see if you recognise him? That's what I'd do if I was in your situation.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my phone using swype text, cut me some slack *****.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2011
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.