Sexual discrimination AGAINST GUYS in terms of bouncers, nightclubs Watch

rooney1000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok, the other thread got me thinking I want to create a proper discussion on how girls have the upper hand.

For example, suppose a 14 year old girl went out to a club but didn't have ID, but she looked really hot and was wearing a low cut top, the bouncer would check her out, and let her in.
If it was a guy, he wouldn't get let in.

Also something else ridiculous, there is a nightclub near me, where on Saturday,
girls pay nothing, and guys pay €20 for entry. And girls get free champagne all night.

WHY why why??? This is a serious question, why do this for girls, and not guys?
How unfair is it to give up €20 when a girl can get in for free.

This is in France but I know there are very very similar circumstances in England.
ajgd0408
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're French? ....awkward
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get a sex change.

Problem solved.
sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You've just realised this? Nobody wants a sausagefest.
rooney1000
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajgd0408)
You're French? ....awkward
No I'm English studying in France
Liam_G
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Free entry and drinks?!

I need to go to France :teeth:

...and you know, get a sex-change.
clad in armour
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
because...........

SEljamel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rooney1000)
For example, suppose a 14 year old girl went out to a club but didn't have ID, but she looked really hot and was wearing a low cut top, the bouncer would check her out, and let her in.
Sounds like paedophilia and sounds like it should be reported. This is a very serious issue and if you see it going on, you should very much consider letting any child protection organisation within your country, or the police, know about what's happening.

I'm not aware of the laws in France but underage drinking and underage clubbing is a very prevalent issue and the more it goes on with establishments that permit it remaining in business, the more young people unknowingly become victims of abuse... or become perpetrators themselves.

Studies have shown very visible links between drinking behaviour and youths committing offences. Similarly, it has been shown that deviant youth behaviour in regards to alcohol and drug abuse is strongly correlated to developing mental health problems (eg. depression, schizophrenia) in later life.
Kareir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SEljamel)
Sounds like paedophilia and sounds like it should be reported. This is a very serious issue and if you see it going on, you should very much consider letting any child protection organisation within your country, or the police, know about what's happening.

I'm not aware of the laws in France but underage drinking and underage clubbing is a very prevalent issue and the more it goes on with establishments that permit it remaining in business, the more young people unknowingly become victims of abuse... or become perpetrators themselves.

Studies have shown very visible links between drinking behaviour and youths committing offences. Similarly, it has been shown that deviant youth behaviour in regards to alcohol and drug abuse is strongly correlated to developing mental health problems (eg. depression, schizophrenia) in later life.
Are you serious? Maybe in terms of drug abuse, but alcohol? I've literally drank since I was about 14, and not only am I perfectly mentally healthy (Mostly. ), I've somehow also managed not to commit any offenses or fail out of school. hmm.

I think a bigger issue is probably said teens that have already got problems, and then start drinking. Possibly.

_Kar.
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good for business. Nothing more than that.
lizlaz350
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
14 year old girls? Really?
Like, I know stuff like that happens with bouncers letting girls in because of the way they're dressed or how they're acting, but surely not with girls that young?
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rooney1000)
Ok, the other thread got me thinking I want to create a proper discussion on how girls have the upper hand.

If it was a guy, he wouldn't get let in.

Also something else ridiculous, there is a nightclub near me, where on Saturday,
girls pay nothing, and guys pay €20 for entry. And girls get free champagne all night.

WHY why why??? This is a serious question, why do this for girls, and not guys?
How unfair is it to give up €20 when a girl can get in for free.

This is in France but I know there are very very similar circumstances in England.
Simple. Because on nights when there are lots of girls in the club (cf. those where the club is man-heavy) there are far far fewer fights, and rowdy people needing to be thrown out. (Basically because it's less likely that 2 guys will go after the same girl, or that groups of lads will start on each other. Chasing tail is far more interesting). So the bouncers are told to e.g. only let in mixed or girl-only groups, or the club owners give girls deals to get more in. The underage thing is a bit worrying though. Not that I'd call myself hot or anything, but I've never been let in (or had friends let in) without ID.
rooney1000
Rep:
?
(Original post by lizlaz350)
14 year old girls? Really?
Like, I know stuff like that happens with bouncers letting girls in because of the way they're dressed or how they're acting, but surely not with girls that young?
ok i was exaggerating to make a point.
maybe 16 year old girls then.

and yeah, thinking of it, i guess it is better for business to have a nightclub full of girls, rather than guys.
its just unfair girls get free entry
SEljamel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kareir)
Are you serious? Maybe in terms of drug abuse, but alcohol? I've literally drank since I was about 14, and not only am I perfectly mentally healthy (Mostly. ), I've somehow also managed not to commit any offenses or fail out of school. hmm.
Well those are just a portion of the studies I've read and those are the conclusions that their results suggest. You can find studies that decree the opposite but there are much more that suggest what I have reported.

Oh and: I was an underage drinker, drug user, and clubber. I soon realised that my actions were contributing to a problem and decided to quit drinking, smoking, using drugs, and indeed even going to nightclubs.

I still hold those values. Haven't touched any of it in a few years now, even now that I'm legally entitled.
thecookiemonster
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can back up what the OP is saying. When I lived in Spain girls who were 13-14 years old would get into clubs easily and be allowed to drink.
Phillipsherman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah but think how much worse it would be the other way round
Studentus-anonymous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
You've just realised this? Nobody wants a sausagefest.
This, honestly most clubs seem to be full of guys.
rooney1000
Rep:
?
(Original post by thecookiemonster)
I can back up what the OP is saying. When I lived in Spain girls who were 13-14 years old would get into clubs easily and be allowed to drink.
yeah its strange
Arekkusu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It makes you realise that economically the world might in fact have been more equal before women were encouraged to have careers.

They'd not earn, but they'd get everything paid for them.

Now, they earn, and they can still get everything paid for them.

I'm aware most girls aren't *****y or self-serving enough to do that, but it's annoying that the option is there.

It's why I don't really pay for girls to do anything though: I'm instantly suspicious.

I'm not trying to suggest it would be better if women had remained unemancipated in the workplace, but pushes for equality do tend to create problems when they run up against actual differences (which are at their starkest, in my opinion, when it comes to gender issues).
ForKicks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How has no-one picked up on this yet.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpzmjeCOJdY
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise