Turn on thread page Beta

Stop living for everyone else and live your life watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Does the above phrase relate to you. I think i've been guilty of trying to make my friends happy all the time, and in doing so i've just watched them get on with their lives whilst i'm going backwards. I find it hard putting myself first in the sense that i rarely ever make goals or plans, i just go with the flow. Now i realise that i've been neglecting myself and other friends are just continuing with their lives. Some have forgotten me and some just don't want to make the effort anymore.

How do i move on and start thinking about myself and just do more for me basically.
    Is the best thing to just realise that since we can't make everyone happy we should just stop trying. Furthermore, just focus on ourselves, which i find hard to do all the time.

Any thoughts are welcome, maybe you've had past experiences with the above quote and want to talk about it.

Discuss...

Agreed.

I'm a strong believer that people should follow what they want, not what others expect of them. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    David Cameron is an expert in this department.

ReputationRep:
    No sounds like quie a selfish way to live, I enjoy myself most when I do things with friends not on my own

Remember live to serve, for then you will be truly feel like you have done something worthwhile

ReputationRep:
    tbh friends come and go and if they are truely your friends you don't always have to make them happy all the time...i've learnt the hard way, also never put friends before family!

just live your life the way you want to and not just by impressing people and not being who u really are

ReputationRep:
    i do, my friends dad tells her what to do, it's none of my business but it makes me mad that she won't stand up for herself and do what she wants with her life (she's doing law because her dad is making her when she wants to do dentistry, she's going to apply to oxford even though she wants to apply to edinburgh etc)... he controls it, he's not violent or anything but still tells her what to do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2011
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.