Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if i've posted this in the right place

Basically...i'm doing a degree full time, in 2nd year...and I also have an almost-2 year old little boy. I've got a project due on tuesday, an essay wednesday, 2 essays the following week and another a few days after, and to be honest...i'm struggling. It's not a very child friendly degree to be honest, and i'm not sure if i've made a big mistake carrying on.

Anyway, I really don't see how i'm going to able to get this essay done by wednesday...there just doesn't seem to b enough hours in the day, the project had been a continuous thing, so will probably only take another dayish to finish. Is there anything I can do? Or do I just need to try and cram and get it done? Right now i'm living off around 4 or 5 hours sleep a night, and it's just silly. I'm tempted to e-mail my personal tutor just to explain things...not even sure they know I have a child. Could I even attempt to get an extension on these grounds? I don't feel I have a valid excuse, if that makes sense? Other peope manage it (although no-one i'm aware of on this program!)

Sorry this is a bit long, but would REALLY appreciate some advice!

ReputationRep:
    anyone?? :s

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could give you advice but It sounds like a tricky situation. I dont think there'd be any harm in sending them an email and explaining but be prepared for the deadline to stay the same and continue working. Try to remain calm, have a cup of tea and get cracking is there a friend who can watch your child for a bit?

ReputationRep:
    just email them and tell them?! There will be certainly be a university day care centre that you could drop your kid off at. I know at my uni (durham) parents with kids get longer essay deadlines and a support mentor.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the replies!
    Went and saw my personal tutor today and he's e-mailedmy lecturers to ask for extensions...one has confirmed it is fine, the others no reply yet, but luckily it was the one for wednesday who replied! He was really helpful...should probably have let him know earlier on!

At least I can stop stressing for a bit now...and my boyfriend is off work soonish for a while so i'll more free time!

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Thats brilliant! Really pleased it all got sorted out

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.