Turn on thread page Beta

Equity and Trusts - Stack v Dowden - An in depth analysis. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, new to the forum, now ex-lurker.

I currently have an assignment on Stack v Dowden which is an in depth analysis of how the leading case has changed current law such as "Common Intention", "Resulting Trusts" and "Constructive Trusts" HOWEVER I have been asked to discuss the law BEFORE this leading case which is what I have been having trouble with. Mostly because at of the case most law books will only give information on that.

So my question on this is: What were the laws concerning the positions made in Stack v Dowden before the case was brought to the House of Lords?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't need to write too much on the law beforehand so any direction or answers to the this would be amazing.

Many thanks given in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music Skypirate)
    Hi, new to the forum, now ex-lurker.

I currently have an assignment on Stack v Dowden which is an in depth analysis of how the leading case has changed current law such as "Common Intention", "Resulting Trusts" and "Constructive Trusts" HOWEVER I have been asked to discuss the law BEFORE this leading case which is what I have been having trouble with. Mostly because at of the case most law books will only give information on that.

So my question on this is: What were the laws concerning the positions made in Stack v Dowden before the case was brought to the House of Lords?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't need to write too much on the law beforehand so any direction or answers to the this would be amazing.

Many thanks given in advance.

Have you actually read the case? There is copious information contained within the judgments including references to past case law - this should be your starting point. Look at para 60-70.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes of course! I apologise for asking such a silly question now.

I think over the past week I've been running on a bit too much coffee and my senses are going a little haywire. I read this a couple months ago but will go through it again tomorrow morning when I'm actually not half asleep and asking stupid questions.

I've more than likely just been overworking myself and not looking in the most obvious place.

Thanks for the nudge in the correct direction anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2011

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.