This discussion is closed.
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What will they think of next?

Is it gona happen? my secondary/6th form skool has made closing plans!!!! oh stooopid!
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No big freeze for me as yet!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it is supposed to be tomorrow, isn't it? well it nice and hot and sunny in oxford right now.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
its sunny but cold. brrrrrrrrrrrr
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ain't it a bit late now for snow in London? It's almost February now (another year wasted!). I would love it to snow as much here as possible though. Yea, some people will find snow bad, especially the ill and frail ones but it's like a once-a-year thing and it just has to happen. Last year's one in London was good but NOT GOOD ENOUGH! It just snowed like overnight and by midday the next day, it had all melted! I want PROPER snow here!

And I would love to wear one of them Russian fur hats one day.....
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Ain't it a bit late now for snow in London?
well, seing as "winter" continues till the 21st of march, we are only one third of the way through it. Early February is the most common time for snow.
SugarPlum
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No snow here in Norfolk. And I so needed a day off school to finish my maths coursework. :rolleyes:
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Ain't it a bit late now for snow in London? It's almost February now (another year wasted!). I would love it to snow as much here as possible though. Yea, some people will find snow bad, especially the ill and frail ones but it's like a once-a-year thing and it just has to happen. Last year's one in London was good but NOT GOOD ENOUGH! It just snowed like overnight and by midday the next day, it had all melted! I want PROPER snow here!

And I would love to wear one of them Russian fur hats one day.....
Nah, it can snow in feb. In fact I think once it snowed late feb.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
it is supposed to be tomorrow, isn't it? well it nice and hot and sunny in oxford right now.
its sunny and warm here in pompy... i doubt we'll get snow cos we're by the sea tho Local peeps say it has happened tho, but it jut gets REALLY slushy and minging quicky
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
its sunny and warm here in pompy... i doubt we'll get snow cos we're by the sea tho Local peeps say it has happened tho, but it jut gets REALLY slushy and minging quicky
I'm in Southampton at the moment. Its bloody freezing outside.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I'm in Southampton at the moment. Its bloody freezing outside.
I think thew whole freeze thing is a bag of bull**** really cos it dunt seem like ne1's got ne snow - i wana mek a snowman, lol (not really!) but no snow in Yorkshire either, sadly - and i wana day off school however in Castleton it is suppose 2 be snowing heavy (lucky sods!)
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its not gonna snow in london is it? only watery snow i heard...
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It was snowing a bit when I was walking home, but only tiny snowflakes and not for long! it's meant to snow tonight... hurrah I hope it snows real good cos last year was fun but this year should be better...
poppy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just been speaking to my mum and it is snowing heavily in north east scotland. School is closed. Electricity is flickering on and off. Things not looking too good there.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by poppy)
Just been speaking to my mum and it is snowing heavily in north east scotland. School is closed. Electricity is flickering on and off. Things not looking too good there.
How come nothing like that has ever happened in Yorkshire?!! I want it to jus2 c wot it wud b like
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As for the big freeze, we had a light frost this morning.

Roll on tomorrow. :rolleyes:
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no snow at bristol yet. Am really hoping it doe snow cos my hall is ontop of a really long steap hill and i can see me toboganing.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its always 'tomorrow', according to the meteorolgists. (spelt wrong no doubt)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads