Turn on thread page Beta

good long lasting foundations?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    for some reason foundation never really seems to last long on me. i have dry skin, but i cleanse/tone and moisturise daily - it always seems to just disappear in a few hours!
    i've been wearing the revlon colorstay as an every day foundation but tbh i don't really like it, i'm kinda inbetween shades so it looks a bit weird and it tends to look a bit dodgy at the end of the day anyway. i've tried using powder on top of it but it just seems to make my face look either cakey or really dry.

the ONLY foundation i've found that actually stays perfect all day long is the estee lauder doublewear one, but i think i'm either allergic to something in it or it's just too drying for me because whenever i put it on, my face comes out in a red rash so obviously i can't keep using it

are there any other good ones i could try? i don't mind paying a bit more for it if i know it's going to stay there.

ReputationRep:
    bobbi brown natural finish

ReputationRep:
    I just bought Mac Pro longwear in Nc15 and its fantastic alongside their studio sculpt concealer my skin looks really clear.
    I recommend putting on a light moisturizer on before hand like simple's light moisturizer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starryeyed)
    for some reason foundation never really seems to last long on me. i have dry skin, but i cleanse/tone and moisturise daily - it always seems to just disappear in a few hours!
    i've been wearing the revlon colorstay as an every day foundation but tbh i don't really like it, i'm kinda inbetween shades so it looks a bit weird and it tends to look a bit dodgy at the end of the day anyway. i've tried using powder on top of it but it just seems to make my face look either cakey or really dry.

the ONLY foundation i've found that actually stays perfect all day long is the estee lauder doublewear one, but i think i'm either allergic to something in it or it's just too drying for me because whenever i put it on, my face comes out in a red rash so obviously i can't keep using it

are there any other good ones i could try? i don't mind paying a bit more for it if i know it's going to stay there.
    no.7 stay perfect foundation which is hypo allergenic
    ive had the same skin problem with foundations and i found that this ones great
    it works well as a cover up and stays ages
    hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    I think what you need to address more than anything is your skincare - make sure that is all right for your skin type etc and that should help.

I swear by Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation.

ReputationRep:
    mineral powder foundation has the best lasting power. try the l'oreal one - it is amazing. i have oily skin so when i wear liquid foundation it wears off really quickly. but the mineral foundation works a treat and keeps the face flawless. all the make up brands do some kind of mineral powder foundation so shop around, also a good tip - go to the posh department stores and ask them to give you FREE samples to test. most will do that for you if you explain that you're testing which works better for your skin.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.