A good friend of mine has been diagnosed with cancer Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi

So one of my life long friends has been diagnosed with cancer. She is 18 years old and having chemotherapy at the moment. Her treatment will hopefully be done in six months. She will be going back to university in September.

Has this happened to anyone else's friend before? How did you comfort them?

I am planning on going to see her one day next week. What do you think I should do? I was thinking of making her a 'get better soon' hamper, with some nice make-up, chocolate, girly bits and some magazines?

So yeah, any thoughts appreciated. I just can't believe someone so young is diagnosed with this illness Life is a *****
digitalis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi

So one of my life long friends has been diagnosed with cancer. She is 18 years old and having chemotherapy at the moment. Her treatment will hopefully be done in six months. She will be going back to university in September.

Has this happened to anyone else's friend before? How did you comfort them?

I am planning on going to see her one day next week. What do you think I should do? I was thinking of making her a 'get better soon' hamper, with some nice make-up, chocolate, girly bits and some magazines?

So yeah, any thoughts appreciated. I just can't believe someone so young is diagnosed with this illness Life is a *****
Sure that will be much appreciated even just going to see her will make a world of difference.
Chimaira
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm sure your company will make a world of difference to her at what is probably the hardest time of her life.
Hope she gets better soon! :lovie:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thank you for your replies. I was thinking of making a little hamper with some nice bits in, maybe some make-up, mags, wine, dvds or something.

It still hasn't sunken in She is so strong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1530)
79.27%
Leave (400)
20.73%

Watched Threads