Turn on thread page Beta

I have been in and out of hospital for the past 3 weeks and I have ended up missing so much work I dont think I will be able to catch up and I dont really know what to do. I was thinking of the following possibilities what do you think would be best? I have january exams in them all apart from History so I could possibly carry that one on anyway. Eventually I want at least BBBB so I can do Law at UCLan @ Carlisle

-Leave college and start again next year.
    -Leave until January and then start the 2nd units, then do the first units next year along with A2's
    -Do distance learning AS levels then go back to college next year
    -Just carry on
    -Do both AS + A2 next year.

Any other ideas?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Talk to your teachers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Talk to your teachers?
    Juno is right you need to talk to your teachers they might not think you would be able to cope and advise you to drop the courses until next year

ReputationRep:
    Yeah speak to your teachers, they know you best so will be able to give better advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    I have been in and out of hospital for the past 3 weeks and I have ended up missing so much work I dont think I will be able to catch up and I dont really know what to do. I was thinking of the following possibilities what do you think would be best? I have january exams in them all apart from History so I could possibly carry that one on anyway. Eventually I want at least BBBB so I can do Law at UCLan @ Carlisle

-Leave college and start again next year.
    -Leave until January and then start the 2nd units, then do the first units next year along with A2's
    -Do distance learning AS levels then go back to college next year
    -Just carry on
    -Do both AS + A2 next year.

Any other ideas?
    Why are you doing the January exams?? Why not just take the entire AS at the end of the year and A2 next year, and catch up in the mean time.

(Original post by The Ace is Back)
    Why are you doing the January exams?? Why not just take the entire AS at the end of the year and A2 next year, and catch up in the mean time.
    Because there's only about 12 people doing A Levels at my college so we are made to do the January exams, we dont have a choice.

ReputationRep:
    Because there's only about 12 people doing A Levels at my college so we are made to do the January exams, we dont have a choice.
    You have to consider all of the options by talking to your teachers or tutor, if you're ill with something that's only going to get better through rest etc then you're probably best off forgetting about this term. If you've been ill, I don't see why you can't do modules in summer instead of January, this is a special case compared to others. Whatever's wrong, I hope you get better soon and sort all of this out.

(Original post by heninacoop)
    You have to consider all of the options by talking to your teachers or tutor, if you're ill with something that's only going to get better through rest etc then you're probably best off forgetting about this term. If you've been ill, I don't see why you can't do modules in summer instead of January, this is a special case compared to others. Whatever's wrong, I hope you get better soon and sort all of this out.
    Thanks, I am better now but they wont let me do the exams in the summer that are supposed to be happening in January. I am going to see my tutor tomorrow I just wanted some opinions on what I should do first.

ReputationRep:
    As everyone else has said, you'll really get the best advice when you speak to your tutor, but if there's no way you can catch up and there's no way you can sit the exams in the summer, it would probably be best to take the rest of this school year off and start again next year so you can get the gradees you're capable of.

Well I didnt get to speak to him today he wasnt available all day so im going back tomorrow, I am thinking of carrying on History, and doing 2 others via distance learning but im not entirely sure which ones yet etc.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You need to find out exactly how much you've missed. It may be possible to cram like crazy and do well in January, but it depends what you were doing. You also might be able to sit the exams in the summer but at a different centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    -Leave college and start again next year..

Any other ideas?
    Yes...great idea leaving college just because you missed 3 weeks of it. Im sure you could easily do the work needed to catch up.Even if you dont get the BBBB or whatever it is, at least give it a shot then retake it if you screw up.

Well I spoke to my teacher today and I am just going to try and catch up but I am going to do a distance learning alevel along with it.

ReputationRep:
    dude, you only missed three weeks... you could probably learn everything you've missed in a day of solid working.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with chewwy; three weeks isn't THAT long, and if I'm to be perfectly honest I think if you were truely sincere about getting top grades, you'd put this behind you and work even harder.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.