Turn on thread page Beta

would playing classical guitar be a good way to a womans heart? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    thoughts & opinions
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    For the love of Clapton don't learn to play guitar to impress girls - it makes the rest of us look like *****.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    rofl

ReputationRep:
    People like you give guitarists a bad name.

ReputationRep:
    Did the jedi mind tricks not work?

ReputationRep:
    it wouldnt hurt, but it also wouldnt help... a douche is still a douche regardless of weather he can pluck the nylon...
    (not saying your a douche, just using it as an example)

Learning classical guitar, takes years. Many years if you want to become good enough to properly impress. If the only reason your doing it, is to pull... you will fail, and give up.

ReputationRep:
    You're confusing a classical guitar with a fat wallet.

ReputationRep:
    If you can play it well, probably.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be better off with a knife and some surgical tools.

ReputationRep:
    idiot

ReputationRep:
    I can safely say I've never suddenly found a guy I previously had no interest in attractive just because he played a musical instrument.

ReputationRep:
    As long as those skills are transferable to the bedroom, it's not a deal breaker.

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:

It depends what sort of girl you're trying to attract. If you want to attract musicians and the like, it's worth being able to play an instrument. I wouldn't find someone hideous more attractive just because they played an instrument, but it's definitely on my list of criteria that add to someone's appeal. Yeah, it's a really bad reason to start - but we all do things for daft reasons (I mainly play instruments because it's a great way to meet people) and as long as you don't admit to this in public, nobody will ever know anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Play the piano instead, It worked for Elton John.

ReputationRep:
    Had a boyfriend who played guitar.
    He thought he was the sh*t, and it was really off putting..
    But yeah, guitar's are a bit overrated... try violin or piano? Id be immediately more interested anyway..

ReputationRep:
    Acoustic guitar = win.

Piano= winwin.

Learn both.

ReputationRep:
    Guys that play instruments = :coma:. I need to find myself a guy that plays Piano.

ReputationRep:
    Do exactly as this guy does, you'll have the women lining up.

P.S Don't forget the hat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYsNP...eature=related

And the second one just because he's amazing. Be him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXZG5...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    For god sake don't learn with that as your sole objective.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised that some of the comments so far have been fairly negative! Playing a musical instrument is one of those things that instantly makes someone much more attractive. Even if it's 'just' guitar, though it's more true for slightly more unusual instruments. Maybe this isn't as common a thing as I thought, but for me, musical talent is definitely an attraction. And if you can sing as well :love:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2011
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.