Exeter Uni - Law Watch

This discussion is closed.
jumahumour
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi, was just wondering if anyone knew about Exeter university's reputation, cos I have an offer from them but haven't had a chance to look around. People have told me it's in a nice area, but is there any nightlife?

I've got an offer to study law, and was wondering if it was any good for that subject in your opinions because I've heard mixed reviews.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumahumour)
Hi, was just wondering if anyone knew about Exeter university's reputation, cos I have an offer from them but haven't had a chance to look around. People have told me it's in a nice area, but is there any nightlife?

I've got an offer to study law, and was wondering if it was any good for that subject in your opinions because I've heard mixed reviews.
Hi there,

I went to Exeter to do sociology, and it is a great uni. I know everyone probably says this about their own uni, so you should still shop around, but I really can't recommend it enough.

It has a reputation as a red-brick uni, just below Oxbridge in the hierarchy (along with a few others), so it's full of Oxbridge rejects, many of whom are public school kids. There's a good mix though - I'm from a comp, and I found plenty of really good friends there who I'm still in touch with now (I graduated in 2001).

In my course, the teaching support was excellent and Exeter has many lecturers who have a real passion for their subject. One of my closest friends did Law and loved the course. It's a lot of work though, so be prepared!

As for the nightlife, there are a few really good clubs (Rococo's, Timepiece, Warehouse and Volts spring to mind) with excellent student nights. Exeter is quite a small city though, so if your priority is nightlife you might want to try somewhere bigger like Bristol, Manchester or Liverpool. On the plus side, there are loads of great pubs, the student population is huge, and if you go into town you're always within walking distance of the campus.

The city centre is quite small (having said that, I live in London now so everything is small to me!) but should have everything you need. Exeter has a lot of character and is full of interesting places. There are some cool little shops on Gandy Street, and a really nice park next to the county court, in which I saw baby squirrels once!

I had a great time at Exeter Uni and I think it's got something for everyone. You should go there and check it out, or take a look at the website: exeter.ac.uk

Hope this helps!
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumahumour)

its pretty good, not as good as the top ones like durham nottingham oxbridge LSE UCL Kings etc but is in the group just behind those ones. If u do well get a 2:1 etc u should be able to make it as a solicitor.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (809)
80.42%
Leave (197)
19.58%

Watched Threads