The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by Little Hobbit
People who go to the Chinese and order chips and curry sauce. Just, why?

Chinese curry sauce is different to chip shop curry sauce - even from a chinese chippy. You can't beat a bit of half rice/half chips with Chinese curry sauce and it is often less than half the price of a full blown Chinese meal too.
I once shared a flat with this annoyingly fussy American girl. She wouldn't eat any form of seafood, and with chicken she wouldn't eat any meat off the bone, and would only eat the meat from drumsticks or thighs or whatever if it had been cut off the bone and she hadn't seen it being done. WHAT THE ****.
Original post by Jake22
Chinese curry sauce is different to chip shop curry sauce - even from a chinese chippy. You can't beat a bit of half rice/half chips with Chinese curry sauce and it is often less than half the price of a full blown Chinese meal too.

But... it's so boring lol :tongue: Only acceptable as a drunk takeaway :biggrin:
Reply 863
Original post by Little Hobbit
But... it's so boring lol :tongue: Only acceptable as a drunk takeaway :biggrin:

Nah, the mix of rice and chips is awesome.
Original post by Jake22
Nah, the mix of rice and chips is awesome.

Ah well, each to their own :smile:
I hate people that wont try new foods. And i hate people that, once you've spent all day in the kitchen making a sunday roast, slather the chicken and potatoes with tomato sauce. What? ITS A SUNDAY ROAST! >=( Copious amounts of salt on food is a bit sickening too.

Also - I knew someone a uni who considered a proper dinner to be plain spagetti in a bowl, a tin of tuna (in the tin, she didnt like foods being mixed) and a bag of kettle chips.
Reply 866
Original post by MelissaJayne
As wrong as it is, I fancy trying the pasta with sugar.

Ha! I read that post about pasta and thought, I must be a freak, I wanna try it..

Good to know I'm not alone! :biggrin:
Reply 867
I hate it when people waste food :angry: If you might not like it put less in your plate to begin with!

I think the cherry on top of bakewell tarts etc is disgusting, i have to pick it off and force it down first :colondollar:
Reply 868
When you find friends/flatmates/family have OPENED UP ANOTHER GODDAMNED NEW PACKET OF SOMETHING THERE'S ALREADY TWO OPENED PACKS OF.

Food gets soggy/minging that way, you BUFFOONS!
Reply 869
Original post by vls
I hate it when people waste food :angry: If you might not like it put less in your plate to begin with!

I think the cherry on top of bakewell tarts etc is disgusting, i have to pick it off and force it down first :colondollar:

At an all-you-can-eat buffet, instead of getting a little bit on multiple plates, my dad makes this disgusting FOOD BEN NEVIS on one plate, sickens himself with whatever he's eating, wastes it, then goes up for a GIGA PLATE of something new. GRRRRR!
Reply 870
Original post by TotoMimo
I know, Melissa, when it tastes absolutely NOTHING like the genuine article.

I've had people say "Sushi is disgusting" after trying... of all things... Asda's own brand chilled CREAM CHEESE pre-packed sushi.

That's like saying "Ew, all gourmet chocolate is disgusting!" after only trying a Hersheys bar...

whats worse than ASDAs cream cheese sushi? tesco's chicken sushi.

what.on.earth.

:angry:
Went into an Indian, looked down at the menu

Cottage Pie.
Chips.
Beef Curry.
Original post by mistermeowingtons
I once shared a flat with this annoyingly fussy American girl. She wouldn't eat any form of seafood, and with chicken she wouldn't eat any meat off the bone, and would only eat the meat from drumsticks or thighs or whatever if it had been cut off the bone and she hadn't seen it being done. WHAT THE ****.

I'm almost one of these people. Sounds absolutely ridiculous and I know it is, but I have a major phobia of meat on the bone. Outright can't do it, it even makes me feel queasy to see other people eating wings or drumsticks or whatever. Shudders right now thinking about it!
Reply 873
Original post by laurie:)
whats worse than ASDAs cream cheese sushi? tesco's chicken sushi.

what.on.earth.

:angry:

I have to say though that even though neither cream cheese nor chicken is the most common thing in sushi, when it comes to it it's all about the rice. As long as you have the vinegary rice it's sushi, no matter if it's fish or beef with it.
Reply 874
Original post by skyja
I have to say though that even though neither cream cheese nor chicken is the most common thing in sushi, when it comes to it it's all about the rice. As long as you have the vinegary rice it's sushi, no matter if it's fish or beef with it.

i completely agree, with the wrong rice, even premium grade bluefin tuna would be ruined. that being said, i still do not appreciate spicy chicken sushi :tongue:
Reply 875
When you find friends/flatmates/family have OPENED UP ANOTHER GODDAMNED NEW PACKET OF SOMETHING THERE'S ALREADY TWO OPENED PACKS OF.

Food gets soggy/minging that way, you BUFFOONS!

Cereal for instance!!!

Or when you open a pack, have a bowl and come back the next day to find

*POOF*

Magic disappearing cereal, and all that remains is the magic dust and a few small pieces of sad looking cereal.
My friend eats twiglets with milk.
Reply 877
Original post by dani_1991
Cereal for instance!!!

Or when you open a pack, have a bowl and come back the next day to find

*POOF*

Magic disappearing cereal, and all that remains is the magic dust and a few small pieces of sad looking cereal.

That's not what I meant Dani; I mean, when you've got, say, a big sharing bag of doritos open, and they open up a fresh one, letting TWO go stale.

Or when there's two cartons of milk, one is half-drunk, one is sealed, and they'll open the sealed one. WHYYYY?!
That's not what I meant Dani; I mean, when you've got, say, a big sharing bag of doritos open, and they open up a fresh one, letting TWO go stale.

Or when there's two cartons of milk, one is half-drunk, one is sealed, and they'll open the sealed one. WHYYYY?!

Ah this is one of my biggest pet hates. My mum has a habit of opening a pack of cheese, using it once..putting it in the fridge and forgetting about it. Next time she wants cheese, she'll either open a new pack that's in their or go out and buy new cheese.

I make a conscience effort to stock rotate the fridge putting things she's opened right at the front.

STILL NEVER WORKS.
Reply 879

Ah I see! Like biscuits then?!

Quick Reply

Latest