Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right i need to get vaccinated for Uni by september for Hep B Virus.

my GP is charging me £150 to get it done, but my classmates have had it free in a different GP, for the same course and same uni. it is not fair.

anything i can do to get it cheaper or free? ive hassled them enough so that wont work anymore lol

ReputationRep:
    woaah!, That's quite dear isn't it? Hmm I'm not sure. I had it free because my dad was diagnosed with it last year Maybe change your GP then? But you defo need to get it, it's a serious disease, especially if it develops..

ReputationRep:
    Wow, my bf got his on prescription and I got mine for free. Wow.

ReputationRep:
    Try a travel clinic? Or become an hca you get it for free

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to have the jabs for every course? i assume we do but so far i havent had it mentioned?

ReputationRep:
    Are you on a gap year? You might be qualifying as not in full time education or something like that and so they're making you pay. There'll be a form somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I had to pay £25 for each injection so £75 altogether!

ReputationRep:
    Just been to see the nurse at my practice and she won't give it to me. Apparently I need to go to a private clinic and pay for it. £30 per injection

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all the advice, yes im on a gap year but so is my of my friends who had it for free.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine done for free once I'd started my course at uni

ReputationRep:
    Get a job in the NHS! They jab you up good and proper

ReputationRep:
    What practice are you with? i assume you are at uni in Norwich as per your name? I might be wrong...

But if you are the UEA medical centre will do it for you and if not, as you will be on NHS placement (i assume, no idea which course you are doing) its standard for occy health to sort it for you.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine for free, they didnt even ask why I needed it???
    ask you doctor why they are charging you and others dont get charged? if it is just the surgery then change surgeries to a free one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihaveyourcat)
    I got mine done for free once I'd started my course at uni
    i cant do this, one of the requirments is that i complete the hep b course before i start, they do a blood check to test,

(Original post by ellakrystina)
    Get a job in the NHS! They jab you up good and proper
    would love to, but im sorted job wise atm.

(Original post by missymorrison)
    What practice are you with? i assume you are at uni in Norwich as per your name? I might be wrong...

But if you are the UEA medical centre will do it for you and if not, as you will be on NHS placement (i assume, no idea which course you are doing) its standard for occy health to sort it for you.
    My name has nothing to do with norfolk lol (No folking chance....), i will contact st georges ( my uni in london) to ask them. thanks.

(Original post by anon2010)
    I got mine for free, they didnt even ask why I needed it???
    ask you doctor why they are charging you and others dont get charged? if it is just the surgery then change surgeries to a free one.
    i asked, they said they charge. will probably change if uni cant help.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Try a GUM clinic.
    When i went for a free HIV test they offered it to me, for free.
    My GP says it will cost £45...

I find it incredibly odd/borderline stupid that such things have such a huge discrepency X_x.

ReputationRep:
    If you get the combined Hep A and B one it should be free as part of the standard travel jabs they give people.Ask your surgery about it?
    Failing that...yeah just change surgeries. You're moving away for uni and to a different gp surgery all together anyway so you may as well, to save the £150

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 22, 2011

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.