Electronics Help Please! Watch

iwantcheese5
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am doing a 3rd year project at university on the pressure distribution when a person sits in a car seat, with the aim of looking at causes of driver back pain. I am trying to build two pressure pads roughly 40cm by 40 cm to place on the seat base and seat back to get pressure read outs of how the weight of the driver is distributed.

Is there anyone on here who knows what kind of individual pressure sensors would be suitable for creating a pressure pad? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! I’m an automotive engineering student so my knowledge of electronics is limited!
ImScaredOfFil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rip up some electric scales? Be cheapest option for you. Otherwise look into piezoresistive sensors.
ImScaredOfFil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iwantcheese5)
I am doing a 3rd year project at university on the pressure distribution when a person sits in a car seat, with the aim of looking at causes of driver back pain. I am trying to build two pressure pads roughly 40cm by 40 cm to place on the seat base and seat back to get pressure read outs of how the weight of the driver is distributed.

Is there anyone on here who knows what kind of individual pressure sensors would be suitable for creating a pressure pad? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! I’m an automotive engineering student so my knowledge of electronics is limited!
Possibly these? http://proto-pic.co.uk/products/Load...252d-50kg.html
Maybe not accurate enough for you, I'm not sure
iwantcheese5
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by ImScaredOfFil)
Possibly these? http://proto-pic.co.uk/products/Load...252d-50kg.html
Maybe not accurate enough for you, I'm not sure
Thanks those look more the business.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?