IOT Watch

chris-d-lpool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi does anyone know what the latest pay scale is for DE in IOT? Also, are you expected to pay rent etc whilst on training or is this just when you receive posting?

Can't seem to find a thread regarding this so apologies if it's already been covered.

Chris.
Schleigg
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chris-d-lpool)
Hi does anyone know what the latest pay scale is for DE in IOT? Also, are you expected to pay rent etc whilst on training or is this just when you receive posting?

Can't seem to find a thread regarding this so apologies if it's already been covered.

Chris.
http://www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowanc...andcharges.pdf

£15,573.48pa according to that.

You pay a monthly food and accommodation charge which is taken from your wages before you receive them, you also need to pay your mess bill which is everything else on top of that (bar etc).

The Accommodation charge varies according to the standard of room you have. Therefore you will pay significantly more per month for a room in CHOM than for a room in No 1 mess.
chris-d-lpool
Rep:
?
Cheers for that. Is there anywhere where I'd be able to get a hold of these food/accommodation charges before hand? Or is this included in that £15,573.48 figure?

Chris.
Spearmint
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The £15,573.48 figure you have been quoted is your annual salary. Before all deductions including Tax, NI contributions, food charges, mess bill etc etc.

Don't spend it all at once.....
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You'll get roughly £1100 a month, from that, all your deductions will be taken.

By the time all of that goes, and depending on whether you've got phone bills, car insurance, etc, you can figure you'll be 'keeping' about £800-850 of it.
chris-d-lpool
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
You'll get roughly £1100 a month, from that, all your deductions will be taken.

By the time all of that goes, and depending on whether you've got phone bills, car insurance, etc, you can figure you'll be 'keeping' about £800-850 of it.
spot on mate, exactly what I was after - nice one!
Sparkyl
Report 7 years ago
It will vary also if you are going in as an ex-seviceman or a graduate.
chris-d-lpool
Rep:
?
(Original post by chris-d-lpool)

Chris.

(Original post by Sparkyl)
It will vary also if you are going in as an ex-seviceman or a graduate.
that's why i've put Direct Entry in my topic lol
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (123)
18.36%
No (406)
60.6%
Not really bothered about them (141)
21.04%

Watched Threads