Why You No Grow Sugar Cane!? Watch

MrStick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm really disappointed to know that the UK does not have adequate light to grow sugar canes.

I LOVE Sugar Canes. Does anyone else? =(

The only place I can get them from/drink the juice is from South Asia or the Arab world, which is a big 'no way' for me. Like, who would go abroad for a certain drink/food they like? o_O

So... Does anyone know of a place where I can buy Sugar Cane from (imported obviously) in the UK?

Thanks
Amandeep_Psych07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Indian food shops.
fire2burn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would grow sugar cane but the herds of hungry elephants that live at the bottom of my garden pose a problem. Tried growing some broad beans well that was a disaster too, tigers made off with those
happy-pink-gecko
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i LOVE sugar cane juice. so refreshing and sweet and yum :3
and such a pretty green colour too!
MrStick
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)
Indian food shops.
That's not really helpful. Assuming all Indian food shops will have it.... /swt

(Original post by fire2burn)
I would grow sugar cane but the herds of hungry elephants that live at the bottom of my garden pose a problem. Tried growing some broad beans well that was a disaster too, tigers made off with those
That does seem troublesome. But hey! You did a good thing. You can now say 'I fed tigers.... broad beans..... that were still growing!'
A Cat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What that girl said. Indian or Pakistani food shops, check the ones in your area and ask them, they should have the delicious sweet nectar you are craving.
Amandeep_Psych07
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MrStick)
That's not really helpful. Assuming all Indian food shops will have it.... /swt
Go to an Indian area, I guarantee at least 80% of the indian supermarkets will have it.
Zaynah Lockheart
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I LOVE sugar cane too. Its actually easily found where i live. I am from Mauritius and u knw the Mauritian economy is highly dominated by sugar cane cultivation which occupies approximately 90% of cultivated area. I really hope you find them in the UK, i'm pretty sure u gonna find it in Indian supermarkets
MrStick
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zaynah Lockheart)
I LOVE sugar cane too. Its actually easily found where i live. I am from Mauritius and u knw the Mauritian economy is highly dominated by sugar cane cultivation which occupies approximately 90% of cultivated area. I really hope you find them in the UK, i'm pretty sure u gonna find it in Indian supermarkets
No fair.

Can you import me some please?

I don't know of any 'Indian populated' areas where I live.... o_O

Do know of a Pakistani one. They might have it. But I would like to know about place in other areas, not particularly just in London.
FormerlyHistoryStudent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh, I had some of that in Brazil. Lovely.

I swear I saw some in a shop in Pembroke, South Wales, last summer but not 100% certain. You can find practically any tropical fruit or vegetable in the world in London though. Brick Lane and thereabouts has quite a high Indian/ Bangladeshi population, maybe you could look there? Or Oriental supermarkets may well have them.
Tasha001
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Zaynah Lockheart)
I'm from mauritius tooo!
dips94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tasha001)
I'm from mauritius tooo!
me too!
Paul McCartney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sugar cane juice :coma:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads