Not able to lose weight because of contraception? Watch

Pink_Chocolate xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi

I'm on my second dose of the depo injection which is running out in a few days, however, I have been trying to lose weight whilst on the injection.
I've tried eating low calorie and exercising and no matter what I do I can't lose anything. I even gained a little!

I was just wondering if this is common with people on the injection as it's really frustrating!
Is there any other form of contraception other than a condom that I can go on which won't have this effect?
DiZZeeKiD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The majority of contraceptions apparently make you gain weight. I'm sure if you work hard enough it is possible to counteract the effects but it will be harder. Best of luck
emeleh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The pill is said to only make you gain weight by increasing your appetite, therefore you will only gain weight if you actually eat more as a result of this.
Not sure if the injection works in the same way but if not pills could always be an alternative?
Pink_Chocolate xx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Why did I get negged for asking a question
I haven't been eating any more which is the weird thing, been trying to eat less to lose weight, but I guess I'll maintain for now
I'll see the doctor and see what my alternatives are

Thank you for the replies
ForKicks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have more sex to balance it out?
eapw1991
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
contraceptions generally don't MAKE you gain weight, but ones like the depo which are progesterone only make you more hungry, so you tend to eat more, leading to the weight gain. also they can cause extreme levels of water retention, which could also explain why you aren't losing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (115)
72.78%
No (43)
27.22%

Watched Threads