?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So what makes you angry?..
ColdInWinter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
annoying kids/teens...well anyone really who shouts an talks loudly at the cinema...-.-
Manc990
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When Heston Blumenthal sprays sperm above my head at the cinema !!!
SmokeRose92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Screaming brats. Urgh dear god, I feel like whipping out a machine gun and firing off a few hundred rounds like I'm in Die Hard. And on aeroplanes (I know neither of the above) but CHRIST. :lolwut::lolwut:
cybergrad
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
Overpriced plastic food and bad service............and they add a service charge for that.
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I went to see The King's Speech the majority of the people there were elderly, which I don't have a problem with old people :p:

BUT so many of them kept chatting, rattling their sweet wrappers and at least THREE mobile phones went off very loudly and they couldn't figure out how to stop it from ringing so it went on and on until they finally stopped the calls :mad: this was during the film and obviously AFTER the clip saying switch off your mobile!!! And they dare complain about 'those youngsters' grrrr totally spoiled the movie for me!

I saw Black Swan after and it was all people my age, who were chatting noisily during the adverts but very quickly shut up and remained quiet as soon as the film started! And no loud ring ring ring ring!

(Original post by Manc990)
When Heston Blumenthal sprays sperm above my head at the cinema !!!
:rofl:
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Noise. SHUT THE **** UP! That is all.

:smug:
accioramen
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahhh I work in a cinema so I have way too many of them, though I doubt they'd annoy everyone else.

• People sitting in premier seats when they haven't paid for them.
  • Bringing in hot food from somewhere else. Bringing your own sweets and crisps is fine but hot food tends to smell and it's annoying :/
  • When people buy ridiculously expensive drinks/popcorn/nachos/hotdogs and leaving 3/4 of them.
  • Dropping whole boxes of popcorn on the floor :|
  • Definitely knobheads who make loads of noise... but even more so... the people who complain about it at the end of the film but never once asked a member of staff to sort it out.
  • Smoking cigarettes/weed in screens. Seriously. There's a time and place.
  • Old women in The King's Speech staying until the very end of the credits because not reading every single person's name is 'rude'.
  • Generally anyone who stays longer than the need to after the film is finished. When I'm cleaning screens I have a job to do that I can't start until you've left so **** off
  • When people complain about the prices but still pay them anyway.
nathan=]
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
People eating crisps/rustling sweet wrappers.
SuperiorHuman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Annoying bratty children that kick the back of my seat :mad:
py0alb
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
People whose conversations I can hear. For **** sake, do you not realise you're virtually shouting to the person sitting three foot away from you? You really think the rest of the restaurant wants to hear about your ****ing boring life?
Sangha236
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cinemas:

- When I am finally comfortable in my seat and some knob has to walk by forcing me to stand up.
- Wannabe gangsters watching Harry Potter and making so much noise.
- For a while the Jack Black Orange commercial was starting to hit a few of my nerves. Nice to see the Rio one now.

Restaurants:

- How the waiters only seem to ask us if everything is okay when we have a piece of food in our mouth.
ily_em
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by accioramen)
People sitting in premier seats when they haven't paid for them.
I've done this when there's been like me and one other person in the whole screen... would it still annoy you then? I don't do it if there are more people than that though

Smoking cigarettes/weed in screens. Seriously. There's a time and place.
How often do people do this? :eek:
dnumberwang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't actually mind kids talking too much, I can ignore it but when there's a massive roar of laughter for something that's only slightly funny I want to stab myself. Oh and people kicking the back of your seat.

But why is this one thread, cinemas and restaurants really aren't that similar...
aarora
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate when I pay the full price for a cinema ticket and the film is CRAP!
berryboysh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by ily_em)
I've done this when there's been like me and one other person in the whole screen... would it still annoy you then? I don't do it if there are more people than that though

How often do people do this? :eek:
i'm not having a go but dont smoke inside the pictures,especialy drugs, its a no,no, lol,you mad?
ily_em
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by berryboysh)
i'm not having a go but dont smoke inside the pictures,especialy drugs, its a no,no, lol,you mad?
What? I don't When did I say I do?
aeterno
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Other people :grumble:
dothestrand
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why would you go to see a film, pay all that money, to then sit there and talk for the entire duration? The thing I hate most in life.
SpriteOrSevenUp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh my god. This is soooo relevant to my experience in the cinema recently.

I hate it when people decide to sit so close to you when the entire cinema screen is empty. I mean, why do you need to sit in front of me when there are 500+ more free seats available?

I also hate it when people talk really loudly. This couple who were sitting on the same row as me spent the whole film talking to each other and turning their phones on, using the backlight as a torch to pour some alcoholic drink into plastic cups I mean WTF! They kept shining their phone lights in my goddamn eyeballs!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (129)
18.48%
No (422)
60.46%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.06%

Watched Threads