Neck injury is making my life a living hell.. Watch

Antonia87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Sorry if this is a bit long, but I'm so miserable.

Back in september I lifted something that was far too heavy for me and a week later I started getting really awful symptoms - pain in the face, jaw and head, pain between the shoulder blades, pain and tingling down the left arm, terrible inner ear pain (especially on the right side), dizziness and balance problems. My vision also filled with floaters.

It took me 3 months to be diagnosed. The three doctors I saw misdiagnosed me with ear infections, throat infections and sinusitis. They also put me on meds for anxiety and depression. When I didnt respond to any of the meds I paid to see a physiotherapist who diagnosed me with a cervical spine injury.

I am now using an NHS physio, but the injury has taken over every single aspect of my life. My grades at uni have slipped, I've completely lost my sex drive, I'm too scared to go out in case I have a "moment", I've started having panic attacks... I just dont take any pleasure out of anything any more. I've even had to cancel my holiday.

I'm so desperate to feel normal again, but I'm at a total loss.
gradu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hang in there! I hope all gets better fam
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
neck clicker is that you
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
how is the physio going? what is the long term prognosis? hang in there :hugs:
Antonia87
Rep:
?
(Original post by inksplodge)
how is the physio going? what is the long term prognosis? hang in there :hugs:
The physio and other sources tell me the average recovery period can take anything from 3 months to a year. Which I know doesnt sound like long but when you live with it every single day it just feels like its forever, as if its never going to stop. And I'm terrified of the affect its going to have on my degree.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Antonia87)
The physio and other sources tell me the average recovery period can take anything from 3 months to a year. Which I know doesnt sound like long but when you live with it every single day it just feels like its forever, as if its never going to stop. And I'm terrified of the affect its going to have on my degree.
will your uni let you perhaps defer a year whilst you have the treatment, is that an option? might be best whilst you're having physio and work on getting back to your old self
Antonia87
Rep:
?
(Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
neck clicker is that you
Okay I dont know what your problem is or why you felt you had to neg rep me, but I'm really not in the mood for TSR **** heads today okay?
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:console: Neck injuries tend to take a long time to fully recover. Hang in there. :yes: I take it that you've informed your personal tutor at uni about your injury?
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Plus your sex drive will return. :yes:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Okay I dont know what your problem is or why you felt you had to neg rep me, but I'm really not in the mood for TSR **** heads today okay?
thought you were neck clicker, that's all
mariya5321
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hi,
You have been facing neck problem from long time. Then please consult to physiotherapist they will give you the proper solution. Ask for your friend or sport club, they will suggest the best physiotherapist for you.
GodspeedGehenna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Disappointed to see that this wasn't a neckclicker thread.
Powerlifter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry if this is a bit long, but I'm so miserable.

Back in september I lifted something that was far too heavy for me and a week later I started getting really awful symptoms - pain in the face, jaw and head, pain between the shoulder blades, pain and tingling down the left arm, terrible inner ear pain (especially on the right side), dizziness and balance problems. My vision also filled with floaters.

It took me 3 months to be diagnosed. The three doctors I saw misdiagnosed me with ear infections, throat infections and sinusitis. They also put me on meds for anxiety and depression. When I didnt respond to any of the meds I paid to see a physiotherapist who diagnosed me with a cervical spine injury.

I am now using an NHS physio, but the injury has taken over every single aspect of my life. My grades at uni have slipped, I've completely lost my sex drive, I'm too scared to go out in case I have a "moment", I've started having panic attacks... I just dont take any pleasure out of anything any more. I've even had to cancel my holiday.

I'm so desperate to feel normal again, but I'm at a total loss.
I have had neck injuries myself from collapsed rugby scrums etc - pay for a proper physio - don't use NHS ones, costly but so worth it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise