Oxbridge entrance test..... Watch

This discussion is closed.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Took me like a minute, but I probably wouldn't have performed well in an interview, because I really can't explain myself. It was like "okay, it seems like I should send these guys across now."
Tifa
Report 16 years ago
hmm, under a minute = genius...

I'm not sure how it would be physically possible to do it in under a minute seeing that the graphical raft takes a good few seconds to cross the pixel river.

Took me a bit less than five - but I doubt I would have done very well if it hadn't been on the computer the way it was, written 'river crossing' problems are a *****, the fact that u could click on the little people and actually see what you were doing and what you ended up with on each side made it way loads easier imho. When I do them usually I have to draw the little people, monkeys, priests, whatever and often end up with several more people, priests, monkeys than I start off with :lol:

Good fun though any more around on the net?
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Tifa)

Good fun though any more around on the net?
Are you for real? Fun?
Suzy_vet
Report 16 years ago
hmm, took me about 2 minutes to get to a point, then i got stuck for a minute and read the instructions! its one of those things where you need to sit back and think rather than get too carrie daway with randomly moving people.
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
eughhh it's really hard. much more the thing for sciencey and mathmatically minded people. i got bored and gave up after about 45 seconds :rollseyes: glad it wasn't an entrance requirement...!
emilycatelia
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
ok sir!

do what you said until you have one child (lets say son) on the far bank and everyone else on the original bank, with the raft there too.

father and son across
father back
father and mother across
m back
police & prisoner across
father back
f & m across
m back
m & d across
p & p back
police & d across
police back
p & p across

END
father and son cannot cross...because there is another son
emilycatelia
Report 16 years ago
i took about 5 minutes, at first i was a bit confused about the rules, but once i understood it i knew what to do. but i don't think i'm exceptionally intelligent or a genius. it's just a game and sometimes doing well in games doesn't mean doing well in exams or real life situations. it's still a very interest iq test though...

i found a very similar test - it's a chinese iq test about the "rice, wolf, chicken and farmer" trying to cross the river, here are the rules:

1) Chicken and rice cannot be left alone, as the chicken will eat the rice
2) Wolf will eat the chicken, therefore they cannot be left alone
3) Only the farmer can control the raft
4) Only the farmer and one of the others (rice, wolf and chicken) can be on the raft at a time

if you've done the other one than you should do better in this one! this one is much simpler ~ i done it in less than a minute.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (220)
68.11%
No (103)
31.89%

Watched Threads