The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fluteflute
Wow! I'm jealous (firstly because I'd like to have an Oxford offer, but also because I'd quite like to be able to play the Organ :biggrin:)

Did he apply for Cambridge as well?

No I don't think he did. I wish I could play the organ too :biggrin:
Original post by Niki_girl
Hi guys, been a while since my last post,

Supposed to send my UCAS form off today but my school said my qualification dates and date for EPQ results were wrong, and I apparently put "No" instead of "Yes" to recieving info by post.

Spent ages sorting it out and finally celebrated being able to send it all off.:rolleyes:

Got a message saying my qualifcation dates are all wrong, and it turns out I was right about everything all along, especially as the UCAS form actually said "I do NOT want to recieve information by post - YES/NO"...

I now have no idea what to do. I already paid/ sent earlier today. The school messed my details up (they made me change the qualifcation dates to 06/2011, even though I KNEW it was supposed to be August) :frown:

The school have sent me an email apologising, but I don't know what to do? If I change it, will any universities have already looked at it? </3 Will they be angry that it looks like I'm randomly changing qualification dates (it might look dodgy?)

So unhappy :frown:, particularly because the UCAS lady at our school shouted at me when I suggested she may be wrong (I had read the applicants info. the night before, and knew what date I should be putting) and I've spent so long changing stupid little details round on my form because the people at my school seem to not know what they're doing....

Today has been the most horrible day of my life, all of the disappointment and waiting, and hope and finally thinking I'd finished with all of this.....I thought I'd only feel this let down when I actually got a rejection or something..............I genuinely feel like giving up with UCAS right now.

I was really looking forward to posting in here later today when I'd sent everything off :'(

:console: My school are being kinda crap and slow about everything too....

I would think that the june/august dates thing won't make much of a difference to them, as I'm sure it's quite a common mistake :smile:
Reply 6022
Original post by medbh4805
In that case it might be better to email the comp sci department directly and ask if your qualifications are suitable :smile:

I had already emailed them but why don't they bludy reply me?
Original post by fishtail

Erm, I don't know? None of us are going to be able to tell you how suitable your qualification is. Be patient and wait for a reply :sigh:
Original post by medbh4805
:console: My school are being kinda crap and slow about everything too....

I would think that the june/august dates thing won't make much of a difference to them, as I'm sure it's quite a common mistake :smile:

Thanks :redface: I just hate delays, I'm anxious enough as it is. I actually started crying earlier because I was so tense about everything, I just really want it all to be done and be ok :rolleyes:
I apparently put "No" instead of "Yes" to recieving info by post.

Got a message saying my qualifcation dates are all wrong, and it turns out I was right about everything all along, especially as the UCAS form actually said "I do NOT want to recieve information by post - YES/NO"...
That's only for them to post you 'sales information' though? Although they mention sending information on funding and scholarship opportunities, which would be quite nice...

I now have no idea what to do. I already paid/ sent earlier today. The school messed my details up (they made me change the qualifcation dates to 06/2011, even though I KNEW it was supposed to be August) :frown:

The school have sent me an email apologising, but I don't know what to do? If I change it, will any universities have already looked at it? </3 Will they be angry that it looks like I'm randomly changing qualification dates (it might look dodgy?)
Once it's been sent to universities then you can't change it. So if you can change it, the universities don't know you've changed it. Hope that makes sense. So if you can change it, and you want to then do so.

About the qualification dates... August is suggested by UCAS, but it really doesn't matter if you put June. It's obvious what you mean.

I was really looking forward to posting in here later today when I'd sent everything off :'(
Don't be sad, it's not your fault, and it's not going affect your chances of getting in at all :smile:
That's only for them to post you 'sales information' though? Although they mention sending information on funding and scholarship opportunities, which would be quite nice...

Once it's been sent to universities then you can't change it. So if you can change it, the universities don't know you've changed it. Hope that makes sense. So if you can change it, and you want to then do so.

About the qualification dates... August is suggested by UCAS, but it really doesn't matter if you put June. It's obvious what you mean.

Don't be sad, it's not your fault, and it's not going affect your chances of getting in at all :smile:

Thank you! I've been able to alter it online, which makes me think the school may have recalled it (?) or something, when they realisied their mistake, but I did already pay/ send? (I put card details in and everything!) :confused: Maybe it takes 24 hours?

I really hope this doesn't affect anything! Now to get back on track! :smile: (no pun, I mean "back on the road to academic study" rather than UCAS track :colondollar:)
Thank you! I've been able to alter it online, which makes me think the school may have recalled it (?) or something, when they realisied their mistake, but I did already pay/ send? (I put card details in and everything!) :confused: Maybe it takes 24 hours?

I really hope this doesn't affect anything! Now to get back on track! :smile: (no pun, I mean "back on the road to academic study" rather than UCAS track :colondollar:)

When you pay/send, your UCAS application is sent to your referee so that they can check everything over and attach a reference before sending it on to UCAS/universities. So don't worry, your school hasn't sent your application to anyone yet :wink:
Original post by hannahwhelan
When you pay/send, your UCAS application is sent to your referee so that they can check everything over and attach a reference before sending it on to UCAS/universities. So don't worry, your school hasn't sent your application to anyone yet :wink:

YAY :biggrin:. You have no idea this information just made me :tongue:

When did you send the email?

CS at Oxford are very good at responding to emails in my experience. It's probably not a question they've been asked before, so they'd prefer to take their time and give you an accurate answer.
YAY :biggrin:. You have no idea this information just made me :tongue:

Aha, no worries, I know how stressful everything is at the moment! I'm already panicking about being rejected even though it'll be months until I find out :tongue:
Original post by malvika111
I loved Exeter and Brasenose, and I absolutely can't pick between the two; may have to toss a coin! :frown: What about you?

Brasenose does look really nice (especially the Radcliffe sq) :smile: I'm stuck between Keble and Christ Church actually :tongue: I really liked the law library for Christ Church but Keble had a more friendly kinda atmosphere :redface:
Reply 6032
When did you send the email?

CS at Oxford are very good at responding to emails in my experience. It's probably not a question they've been asked before, so they'd prefer to take their time and give you an accurate answer.

Well it was ages ago lyk 2 months ago
I've decided not to apply to Oxford, I dont think my grades are high enough or that I've done enough extra things,
good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 6034
*Yeh* I have redrafted my personal statement again xD
Reply 6035
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
I've decided not to apply to Oxford, I dont think my grades are high enough or that I've done enough extra things,
good luck everyone! :smile:

Oh, sorry to hear that. I am sure though you will end up at another great university.
Reply 6036
Original post by barrister_2000
Brasenose does look really nice (especially the Radcliffe sq) :smile: I'm stuck between Keble and Christ Church actually :tongue: I really liked the law library for Christ Church but Keble had a more friendly kinda atmosphere :redface:

Go Christ Church! :smile:
Original post by Chr0n
Oh, sorry to hear that. I am sure though you will end up at another great university.

thankyou!
Basicly I want to wait to get my remarks back which I expected back this week but they aren't here and my college want all oxbridge UCAS in tomorrow so bleh, ah well, at the moment my heart is pretty set on Birmingham :')
Hey guys, just wanted to ask when are you all sending off your UCAS applications? (If you haven't sent them off already that is)
I'm planning to send mine on the 6th/7th October (after I take my UKCAT exam) but I don't know if that's maybe leaving it all a little too last minute? I know the deadline is the 15th but everyone seems to be sending them off now..
Hey guys, just wanted to ask when are you all sending off your UCAS applications? (If you haven't sent them off already that is)
I'm planning to send mine on the 6th/7th October (after I take my UKCAT exam) but I don't know if that's maybe leaving it all a little too last minute? I know the deadline is the 15th but everyone seems to be sending them off now..

Latest

Trending

Trending