The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I didn't get an A (got a B) in GCSE Maths btw, but apparently my subject wants at least an A in maths, has anyone heard of anyone getting in to any subject with B grade maths?
Original post by fluteflute
I started it up! :biggrin: Take a look at the Oxford Applicants Stalking Page 2012 Entry

I included GCSE and AS because we had those columns on the spreadsheet. But with so many alternative qualifications, I'm wondering if it's easier just to take those columns out?

My idea is that we add people as they apply (rather than just copying everyone from the Google spreadsheet). I've added (I think) everyone whose posted on here saying they've applied. Of course if anyone doesn't want themselves on there, just say...

You didn't add me :emo:

I have put it in my sig to advertise it now :yeah:
Original post by medbh4805

He didn't put me in either :emo:
That table is awesome! Whoever made it, Kudos to you! I whacked in my AS grades and college as well. Hope thats okay!
I started it up! :biggrin: Take a look at the Oxford Applicants Stalking Page 2012 Entry

I included GCSE and AS because we had those columns on the spreadsheet. But with so many alternative qualifications, I'm wondering if it's easier just to take those columns out?

My idea is that we add people as they apply (rather than just copying everyone from the Google spreadsheet). I've added (I think) everyone whose posted on here saying they've applied. Of course if anyone doesn't want themselves on there, just say...

Hi, could you put me on the Oxford Applicants Stalking Page? I don't want to try myself in case I mess it up :colondollar:

Username: funghi-lover
Subject: Biological Sciences
GCSE: 8A*s 4As
AS: 4As
College: Worcester

That's brilliant! :biggrin: Went ahead and added myself, although it's a bit daunting seeing everyone's perfect academic records.

Original post by funghi-lover
Hi, could you put me on the Oxford Applicants Stalking Page? I don't want to try myself in case I mess it up :colondollar:

Username: funghi-lover
Subject: Biological Sciences
GCSE: 8A*s 4As
AS: 4As

I've added you in :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I've added you in :smile:

My heart skipped a beat earlier; I received an e-mail from Durham Uni admissions thanking me for my application and telling me they will let me know of the outcome asap :smile:

Exciting times!
Reply 6308
Original post by Banoffeepie16
My heart skipped a beat earlier; I received an e-mail from Durham Uni admissions thanking me for my application and telling me they will let me know of the outcome asap :smile:

Exciting times!

Oh that's great. My reference will be pasted in tomorrow then I can send off any time. Hope to hear from Durham soon too (an accept before the interview would be great :biggrin:)
Original post by Chr0n
Oh that's great. My reference will be pasted in tomorrow then I can send off any time. Hope to hear from Durham soon too (an accept before the interview would be great :biggrin:)

That would be great :biggrin: Luckily they hardly interview for my course :smile:
Username: TheNabilaQ
GCSEs: 11A*
AS: AAAAB
Subject: Biochemistry

Very scared, this whole process seems really overwhelming..or maybe I'm just unprepared :smile:
Reply 6311
Yay they got an applicants stalking page! Can someone please explain to me how you edit it to insert your name? :smile:
Danke.
Original post by FuzzySheep
What on earth - you've nothing to worry about at all! :tongue: Worcester is just gorgeous, the lake! Having a better awareness of what actually goes on when choosing a college etc, I've decided to go with Lincoln - small, friendly, fairly central and accomodation for the 3 years :smile: I'm just baffled by what the admissions person told me! Hope everything's going well with you, still going for Bristol I see *high 5*

Sent off my HAT form today, no turning back now, haha!

Lincoln is great too! I once went there for a random study day my school organisied, the History tutor was really nice, as was the one for Exeter college - good luck to you too :smile:

Yep, still going for Bristol, I'm hoping for the best, I really liked their open day a week ago, especially the Wills Hall accomodation! I just love all of my choices, but now I'm so anxious for something to start happening!

Same - sent off my HAT form to my exams officier yesterday :s-smilie:, I'm entered officially...now time to think about what I'm going to write about for that massive applied knowledge essay question :rolleyes: fun times ahead...
UCAS all sent off today! I didn't know it had been until I got an email in the middle of a meeting with my principal and saw the thankyou message from UCAS :biggrin: Epic times.
Original post by such_a_lady
UCAS all sent off today! I didn't know it had been until I got an email in the middle of a meeting with my principal and saw the thankyou message from UCAS :biggrin: Epic times.

I just got the same 'Thank you for your application' email from UCAS!

It's all go go go now!
Original post by Niki_girl
Lincoln is great too! I once went there for a random study day my school organisied, the History tutor was really nice, as was the one for Exeter college - good luck to you too :smile:

Yep, still going for Bristol, I'm hoping for the best, I really liked their open day a week ago, especially the Wills Hall accomodation! I just love all of my choices, but now I'm so anxious for something to start happening!

Same - sent off my HAT form to my exams officier yesterday :s-smilie:, I'm entered officially...now time to think about what I'm going to write about for that massive applied knowledge essay question :rolleyes: fun times ahead...

I see we're actually applying to 3 of the same places now - Oxford, Bristol and Exeter :biggrin: Oooh, lucky for going to those!

Same here! If and when any offers (any at all would be fantastic :tongue:) come in, it'll be so motivational. Fingers crossed!

Going to print off the past papers and mark schemes tomorrow, and get set my essay, things are becoming very real and very scary... Bright side - it's also pretty damn exciting! :biggrin:
Original post by KingMessi
Are you still not done with your application yet? What's left to do?

Well my personal statement is still being reviewed by the helpers here. I just spoke to my reference today, and I still need to get predicted grades (the later I ask for them, the more accurate they will be).
Original post by 007dunlop
I just got the same 'Thank you for your application' email from UCAS!

It's all go go go now!

Not really :L it's actually LESS go go go because I expect half the universities won't reply until the spring or something -.- I'm just going to try and forget about the rest of them, otherwise it'll drive me insane...
Even after October 15th, I still have to think about TSA and interviews (which would conflict with some major school assignments of mine)

Seriously, though, whenever anyone mentions October (UCAS), November (TSA), or December (interviews) I get a little stressed and the date just echoes in my mind. . . . . :s-smilie:
Original post by medbh4805

Original post by nightmare91
He didn't put me in either :emo:
Sorry guys... I did a search on this thread for "sent" and added everyone that turned up there. I love you both really...

Original post by economics111
That table is awesome! Whoever made it, Kudos to you! I whacked in my AS grades and college as well. Hope thats okay!
That's more than okay :biggrin:

Original post by Lexi C
Yay they got an applicants stalking page! Can someone please explain to me how you edit it to insert your name? :smile:
Danke.
Click on edit this article in the top left of the page, and then just follow the examples of everyone else :smile:
EDIT: I see you worked it out :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending