The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6400
Original post by doloroushazy
Hahah why do careers/UCAS teachers never actually know anything? i've shown mine to like half of the teaching staff at my school though. i don't know why i'm getting so stressed just mine is so incredibly pretentious i can hardly bear for anyone to read it, even thinking about it makes me sick hahaha. ahhhhhhh

I know they're beyond useless!
Haha, deep breaths, remember this PS bother will all be over in a few weeks :biggrin:.
Original post by Incarnadine91

Original post by Incarnadine91
Don't worry, there will be plenty of subject-related dicussion ahead. Seriously, put two people of the same subject in the same room and it's all you get. Chemists are the worst, nobody ever knows what they're on about :tongue:

Wild guess... Artemisia?

Nucleophilic Substitution anyone?
Hey guys,

After a brief moment of weakness (in which i considered applying to cambridge) ive now decided on oxford, and jesus, woop!

im just wondering if a prediction of AAA is enough for oxford, or should i try to have it pushed up?

thanks.
Original post by BachIsGod

Hey guys,

After a brief moment of weakness (in which i considered applying to cambridge) ive now decided on oxford, and jesus, woop!

im just wondering if a prediction of AAA is enough for oxford, or should i try to have it pushed up?

thanks.
I don't think Music/History/German/French require any A*s therefore I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 6404
I just fixed my Stalking Page entry, I saw I had put my Matura at AS *blush*.

EDIT:
nightmare91

I felt free to add a grading scale to your post, please check if it's accurate. I wasn't sure whether you are graded 1 to 5 or 1 to 6.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by KingMessi
Ah cool. I'm still stuck on my statement as well but want it done by Friday. Do you know which college you're applying for? Which predicted grades are you hoping for?

Yep, St John's! :biggrin: and yes I do, except I don't know what the equivalent would be in a-levels :s
Reply 6406
Original post by punctuation
Yep, St John's! :biggrin: and yes I do, except I don't know what the equivalent would be in a-levels :s

I found that you can't really convert other systems into A-Levels. Just post your predicted grades and maybe a grading scale if you want to.

Like I received 5*1 and 1*2 at my a-level equivalent (the grading scale goes from 1(best) to 5 (worst).
Reply 6407
Original post by irina793

Original post by irina793
Hei, great! I'm applying for fine art as well... :biggrin: Are you applying this year? Have you done a foundation? Have you finished your portfolio? Do you have an online portfolio? Have you chosen a college? (Someone stop me from asking another 1000 questions :lol: )

i am applying this year :') but i havnt done the foundation course they want, still going to apply though! and its finished yet, but i really hopeful! and yep, chosen a college, but it all depends on who wants to interview you :smile: have you done any of the things you asked?? :')
Original post by Mary1994
i am applying this year :') but i havnt done the foundation course they want, still going to apply though! and its finished yet, but i really hopeful! and yep, chosen a college, but it all depends on who wants to interview you :smile: have you done any of the things you asked?? :')

Nope, haven't done a foundation either, but I have finished my portfolio. And I'm applying to Christ Church.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by such_a_lady
What did she do?

Fought in the Battle of Salamis (a seminal battle of the war between Greece and Persia) as a sea commander along with Xerxes against the Greeks. There's an account of her in Herodotus
UCAS actually processed my application the day I sent it, I just didn't know how to log in on Track and I didn't get an email :colondollar:

YAY
Original post by fluteflute
I don't think Music/History/German/French require any A*s therefore I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

ok thanks, that's certainly a relief.

what are you applyign for? which college?

ok thanks, that's certainly a relief.

what are you applyign for? which college?
Computer Science at St John's :biggrin:

Yourself? I'm guessing Music from the name?
Computer Science at St John's :biggrin:

Yourself? I'm guessing Music from the name?

Yep at Jesus, although i would have said the same for you!

Yep at Jesus, although i would have said the same for you!
Indeed :tongue: I intend to be involved with the music scene at Uni though :biggrin: (although I don't suppose I'd get into the main Oxford orchestra!)
Original post by punctuation

Oh, cool...ah yes, I didn't see that you're Canadian....what's the university system there like?
Indeed :tongue: I intend to be involved with the music scene at Uni though :biggrin: (although I don't suppose I'd get into the main Oxford orchestra!)

It's a shame that you play a competitive instrument. I'm pretty sure I'm not better than you, but as viola skills are always needed I expect that I'd have a decent chance of getting in to the main orchestra.
Original post by dnumberwang
UCAS actually processed my application the day I sent it, I just didn't know how to log in on Track and I didn't get an email :colondollar:

YAY

I think you have to wait untill they send you a letter with your details in the post :smile:
Original post by Chr0n
I found that you can't really convert other systems into A-Levels. Just post your predicted grades and maybe a grading scale if you want to.

I know that. I was referencing the equivalent for the sake of the thread discussion, not my UCAS application.

:smile:

Original post by KingMessi
Oh, cool...ah yes, I didn't see that you're Canadian....what's the university system there like?

Nothing much, except it's 4 years rather than 3 for an undergraduate degree. Also we don't really have dual-degrees, if someone wants to do two subjects they have to 'major' in one and 'minor' in the other.
Original post by anyone_can_fly
It's a shame that you play a competitive instrument. I'm pretty sure I'm not better than you, but as viola skills are always needed I expect that I'd have a decent chance of getting in to the main orchestra.
That is true! :tongue: It doesn't get much more competitive than flute (especially given the limited number of flutes in an orchestra, compared to violins and violas too). Although surprisingly that's not really the case in my local orchestra... the fact I'm principal doesn't tell you much :L

But I know that there will always be some fun musical stuff for me to get involved in :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending