The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6800
my college still hasn't sent my ucas application off yet, :| getting panicked now
Original post by dancinginrainbows
Cheers :smile:

Do you reckon choosing a college is likely to disadvantage a weaker/borderline candidate?
No not at all :smile:

Oxford go to a lot of effort to ensure that you are not disadvantaged because of college choice.
Original post by Joshc93
my college still hasn't sent my ucas application off yet, :| getting panicked now

don't worry, mine isn't sending it until tomorrow. It'll be okay :yes:
Original post by Joshc93

Mine hasn't processed yet, I am also getting worried...it'll all be fine though. Tell your college to send it off today! This is important, make sure you get them to get it done....
Reply 6804
Original post by jdavies60
Username:jdavies60
Subject: Biochemistry
GCSE: 8A* 1A
AS: AAAAB, resitting B to get A in january
predicted A*AA
College: LMH

very very stressed after seeing the quality of the other applicants.

wow you have nothing to worry about.. i'm applying for biochemistry too and my gcse grades are not as good :smile:
Hi everyone!

So I'm applying to Oxford to read History, still not sent my application yet, soo worried about the HAT, the usual really :P

I'm an international applicant. Got above 700 on my 3 subject SAT's, and 2230 on the SAT I (It's not fantastic, but *shrugs* it'd be an absolute dream come true if I got to study here :smile: ) Right now I'm wavering towards making an open application...

I saw this spreadsheet yesterday of the different Oxford colleges and their admission ratios and stuff, but I'm afraid I can't find it today :/ Can anyone link it to me? Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by moonlight10
Hi everyone!

So I'm applying to Oxford to read History, still not sent my application yet, soo worried about the HAT, the usual really :P

I'm an international applicant. Got above 700 on my 3 subject SAT's, and 2230 on the SAT I (It's not fantastic, but *shrugs* it'd be an absolute dream come true if I got to study here :smile: ) Right now I'm wavering towards making an open application...

I saw this spreadsheet yesterday of the different Oxford colleges and their admission ratios and stuff, but I'm afraid I can't find it today :/ Can anyone link it to me? Thank you :biggrin:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/how_to_apply/admissions_statistics/index.html

Hmm its not this one, it was posted by someone on this site about admission stats by college
Hmm its not this one, it was posted by someone on this site about admission stats by college

I think this is the link;http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1723941&highlight=Oxford+college+admissions+Fluteflute

But people seem to be having trouble viewing it, by the looks of the latest posts on the thread.

The colleges are more alike than different! If you can't decide just make an open application :smile:
Hiya...
I'm a "more or less international applicant" as I possess the South Korean nationality but I've lived in Italy for all my life ... Because of the terrifying overseas tuition fees I'm thinking of requesting the Italian citizenship.
I'm applying to Oxford for entry 2012, for Human Sciences :smile:
Right now I'm wavering towards making an open application...

Original post by Niki_girl
I think this is the link;http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1723941&highlight=Oxford+college+admissions+Fluteflute

But people seem to be having trouble viewing it, by the looks of the latest posts on the thread.

The colleges are more alike than different! If you can't decide just make an open application :smile:
Hopefully you can access it now. But I hope you'll see from it that the acceptance rates between college are actually very similar. There's no point choosing a college because you think it'll be easier to get into simply because it won't :smile:
UCAS has been sent!
Original post by fluteflute
There's no point choosing a college because you think it'll be easier to get into simply because it won't :smile:

Yeah just to emphasise the point, I was talking to my professor today and he said that before hand you would apply to your college and only your college could accept you. But now they consider all the applicants in a giant pool at the end to make it alot more fair. This means the best students are garuanteed a place regardless of college choice :smile:
Original post by soutioirsim
Yeah just to emphasise the point, I was talking to my professor today and he said that before hand you would apply to your college and only your college could accept you. But now they consider all the applicants in a giant pool at the end to make it alot more fair. This means the best students are garuanteed a place regardless of college choice :smile:

Seriously? Like Cambridge now? Wow (in a good way, I personally think the Cam pool is a very good idea).
Reply 6814
UCAS FORM SENT!!!

(Biomedical Sciences)

although the school did have to send it back to me due to my having spelt my father's occupation wrong... =(
I swear Unis dont even see that
Original post by Niki_girl

Original post by fluteflute
Hopefully you can access it now. But I hope you'll see from it that the acceptance rates between college are actually very similar. There's no point choosing a college because you think it'll be easier to get into simply because it won't :smile:

Yeah that was it thanks! Lol personally I'd like to make an open application but the 'rents are a different story :s-smilie:
Original post by hannahwhelan
It was processed last Monday (October 3rd).

Ah woowweee :biggrin:
I still haven't got one yet, mine was processed on the 26th September.
I wonder if they're doing it by subject..:confused:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
My MLAT timetable came in the post yesterday. :frown:
I may not be on here for a while, and if I am, please demand that I get off TSR and go back to my grammar books!

When did you apply? :s-smilie:

I haven't got anything yet, feeling a bit edgy now.
Original post by KatieKate
When did you apply? :s-smilie:

I haven't got anything yet, feeling a bit edgy now.

Oh no don't worry, it wasn't a letter from Oxford :smile:
It was from my college, just an exam timetable for it.

Sorry, I should have been clearer! :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending