The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unconventional.
I have a question; Oxford said in my acknowledgement e-mail that I will 'receive much more detailed and specific information' from the college that I applied to before the end of October. Would that be about interviews or...?

I wonder about this too. can anyone suggest anything?
Original post by Unconventional.
HEY GUYS, hope you are all well. :smile:

I have a question; Oxford said in my acknowledgement e-mail that I will 'receive much more detailed and specific information' from the college that I applied to before the end of October. Would that be about interviews or...? I have already done the Law admissions test and everybody applying for Law will have had to do it by then too.
Original post by desy.kris
I wonder about this too. can anyone suggest anything?
It's very unlikely to be inviting people for interview, typically that's not done until mid-late November, or even early December.
Original post by fluteflute
It's very unlikely to be inviting people for interview, typically that's not done until mid-late November, or even early December.

yea I know, I was expecting a suggestion on what the email might contain.
Original post by ginger_biscuits
Hi- I posted a question a couple of days ago, about changing courses- I'm really unhappy with my choice. Apparently, according to Oxford admissions, it can be done, but has to be done quickly. I would need to contact Oxford and ask to change course, and then give the personal statement/ references. Would anyone happen to know whether I would have to then contact all my other uni choices and do the same? And then, would it be to great a risk t take, in that they might all just reject me for my indecision?
Also, does anyone know of anyone who has actually done this?
Sorry for all the questions- my school is refusing- yes, refusing- to help me!:eek:

I bet it happens more frequently than you would think. UCAS can be such a scramble at the end.

Call UCAS first, and take their advice, but I think you need to be prepared for the possibility that you will have to call the other unis as well as Oxford. Given what your school have said, it seems you will have to take the initiative or nothing will happen!

As to whether there would be a risk - I don't know, but if you have thought it over calmly and carefully, and found that you definitely want to do course 2, and definitely don't want to do course 1, to the extent that you would not want to accept an offer for course 1 if it were made, then you are going to have to take that risk. The worst that can happen to you is a gap year and that's better than doing a degree in which you have no interest! But as I say, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it has happened a few times before.

If course 2 needs an Oxford admissions test you will need to move fast on that - check the registration deadline as well as whether you need your school's cooperation or can take it elsewhere if the worst comes to the worst (though I would really expect your school to start helping you at some point since otherwise you won't have a chance of an Oxford offer at all).

Just make sure you are absolutely sure before you start changing things. Good luck!
Reply 7784
I still haven't got the acknowledgement email yet :-|
Original post by snehame
I still haven't got the acknowledgement email yet :-|

:frown: me neither...
Reply 7786
Original post by KnottedFingers
:frown: me neither...

The other universities replied except Oxford :frown:

I'm worried. When did you send in your application?
Original post by snehame
The other universities replied except Oxford :frown:

I'm worried. When did you send in your application?

Last Friday. My friend who sent it on the 15th has also yet to get anything :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 7788
Last Friday. My friend who sent it on the 15th has also yet to get anything :s-smilie::s-smilie:

I sent it on the 14th too. Probably we'll get it later in the week. Hopefully.
Yeah when do we find out if we gt interviews? (i sent my application on the 10th)
Is Hertford a particularly competitive college? :s-smilie:
Reply 7791
Original post by Student666
Yeah when do we find out if we gt interviews? (i sent my application on the 10th)

Mostly in November.

Such a long wait. :frown:
Original post by snehame
Mostly in November.

Please drop me a PM AS SOON AS YOU GET an acknowledgement! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Vice Versa :colondollar:
stressful times...
Reply 7793
Please drop me a PM AS SOON AS YOU GET an acknowledgement! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Vice Versa :colondollar:
stressful times...

You bet!

And to top all that stress I have my university End semester exams starting tomorrow :frown:
Original post by snehame
Mostly in November.

interviews will be in december, we break up for xmas on the 3rd, so then you can all have our rooms during interviews.
Original post by snehame
Mostly in November.

Argh! It is a long wait :/ but i s'pose they have a lot of applications to process! Maybe applicants to less competitive subjects hear back earlier? What did you apply for?
Reply 7796
Original post by zigzog7
interviews will be in december, we break up for xmas on the 3rd, so then you can all have our rooms during interviews.

Oh good :biggrin:

But do they call overseas students to the University? Or is it done over the phone?
Reply 7797
Original post by Student666
Argh! It is a long wait :/ but i s'pose they have a lot of applications to process! Maybe applicants to less competitive subjects hear back earlier? What did you apply for?

I've applied for Law. What about you? :smile:
To all prospective English students,
Have any of you received information about sending off marked work? It says that the deadline is November 10 but I still haven't received a response other than the confirmation of the application. :dontknow:
Original post by stephobz
Been stalking this thread for a while now, may as well introduce myself! I'm Steph, applying for Theology as St Peters. :smile: Any other theologians out there?
Can't quite believe the application has officially gone off now, so God only knows how I'll react if I get an interview or even a place! :L
But good luck to everyone who has applied, :smile:
xxx

Hello, I am a fellow theologian :smile: I have applied to Oriel. I know I can't believe it either, I have logged into track far too many times already! Have you done your essays to send off yet? I am trying to do them at the moment but I'm not quite sure what to choose xx

Latest

Trending

Trending