The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7800
Original post by yanimus
Me too! which college? and where else are you applying? :smile:

You're probably the first H/P applicant I've come across, nice to meet you :tongue:

I've submitted an open application and they still haven't told me which college ¬.¬ (The wait is killing me ...)

I've applied to UCL, King's, Edinburgh and Sheffield on top.

Which college are you at? And where else have you applied?
sorry, failed at adding myself in cos i can't put a line break in :/ so me and someone else are on the same line haha.
Reply 7802
Original post by imre93
You're probably the first H/P applicant I've come across, nice to meet you :tongue:

I've submitted an open application and they still haven't told me which college ¬.¬ (The wait is killing me ...)

I've applied to UCL, King's, Edinburgh and Sheffield on top.

Which college are you at? And where else have you applied?

same hi! ive applied to wadham although starting to wish worcester. ive also applied to york and warwick and am still to decide my other choices as you can probably tell im very indecisive! haha
Reply 7803
Original post by yanimus
same hi! ive applied to wadham although starting to wish worcester. ive also applied to york and warwick and am still to decide my other choices as you can probably tell im very indecisive! haha

Someone I know applied to Wadham for PPE! What helped you choose it in the end? I heard Worcester is the most over-subscribed college in the university ... so I doubt I'll be ending up there.

Talk about indecision, I couldn't choose which college to apply to and thus I left it up to Oxford :tongue:

Only Warwick & York? Have you only used up 3 on your UCAS? :eek:
any history applicants... do you know what it means for submitted work when it says it cant be structured? my teachers don't seem to know either :tongue:
Reply 7805
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
any history applicants... do you know what it means for submitted work when it says it cant be structured? my teachers don't seem to know either :tongue:

I'm having the same problem ... I think emailing our colleges and asking EXACTLY what type of essay they want is the best idea.
Just got the acknowledgement from Lincoln itself, I'm now under 'active consideration', gave me a heart attack!

Need to get started with written work soon...
Original post by imre93
I'm having the same problem ... I think emailing our colleges and asking EXACTLY what type of essay they want is the best idea.

Well it says between 1500-2000 words, not sources, just a normal A2 essay. but the structured bit has thrown me :tongue:
I did my Oxford essay for Spanish last night and handed it in today, did my Lit essay for Oxford this morning and handed it in today, now have to do my German this evening and email it tonight. Three Oxford essays in two days is quite an achievement I think!
Reply 7809
Well it says between 1500-2000 words, not sources, just a normal A2 essay. but the structured bit has thrown me :tongue:

Oh I knew about the word limit, but on the rest of it, they're a bit vague. Just contact your college and ask, is my advice :tongue: (Which one are you at, by the way?)
Just got my first Uni offer! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:woo:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Just got my first Uni offer! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:woo:

Where??????
Original post by imre93
Oh I knew about the word limit, but on the rest of it, they're a bit vague. Just contact your college and ask, is my advice :tongue: (Which one are you at, by the way?)

Worcester :smile: you? are you applying for straight History as well?
Original post by Snapescape
To all prospective English students,
Have any of you received information about sending off marked work? It says that the deadline is November 10 but I still haven't received a response other than the confirmation of the application. :dontknow:

I haven't yet, I think if it gets to the 1st and still nothing I will just send it off of my own accord! They have the cover sheet and info on the website, but I assumed they contact you first! Which college?
Reply 7814
Worcester :smile: you? are you applying for straight History as well?

I don't know yet, as I'm an open applicant. They're supposed to tell me by tomorrow which is my assigned college ...

No, I'm applying for History & Politics :tongue:
Original post by such_a_lady
Where??????

Nottingham :biggrin: AAB :smile:

Aahh, now I know if the other 4 reject me I can go and read literature to my heart's content! :colondollar:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Nottingham :biggrin: AAB :smile:

Aahh, now I know if the other 4 reject me I can go and read literature to my heart's content! :colondollar:

Well done!! :hug: I wish mine weren't the mean ones which take forever :frown:
Reply 7817
Username: Ddraig93
Original post by such_a_lady
Well done!! :hug: I wish mine weren't the mean ones which take forever :frown:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Well at least we can wait on Bristol, Durham and Oxford together :yep:
Reply 7819
Username: Ddraig93
Subject: Medicine
GCSE: 9A* 2A 2B
As : AAAA
College: Jesus
can someone help me out please and put me on the stalking page?

Latest

Trending

Trending