Original post by KingMessi
Nope, not yet...sorry...:erm:

ah ok. Neither have I so I guess they're just being a bit slow this year? lol
Original post by such_a_lady
I'm going to Oxford on Wednesday! Thought I'd share :awesome:

What's everyone doing this half-term? :biggrin:

My formal :awesome:
Original post by h0220
I'm still waiting for the "assigned college" email...

Ok well it obviously isn't the most relaxing situation, but I'm at least kinda reassured that it's not just me. I'm gonna ring them first thing tomorrow morning
Original post by imre93
Hey!

No I haven't, despite nervously anticipating it yesterday ... I was told by someone at Oxford that we would hear on Monday as the Uni staff don't work on weekends :/

Ah I see. Cheers for sharing that information :smile:
Reply 8104
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
HAMMMER TIME !!!

LOL!!! Good one :ahee:
Reply 8105
URGH I'd love just ONE offer from a university, just to keep me motivated...
Reply 8106
Original post by medbh4805
My formal :awesome:

SAMES! The day of the admissions test. Good way of celebrating it!!
Original post by Lexi C
SAMES! The day of the admissions test. Good way of celebrating it!!

Mine is on Friday, I'm actually getting really excited about it, although it is mixed with an inexplicable feeling of dread, that my tan is going make me look like an oompa loompa, something will happen to my date (cause he's travelling from Newry - I keep thinking there's going to be a bomb scare on the motorway or something :afraid: ) or I'll drink too much too early and act like an idiot while the teachers are still in the venue. Fml.
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't know if anybody else has asked this already....but anybody submitted an Open Application and not heard about their assigned College yet???? Thanks guys :biggrin:
Reply 8109
Original post by cloudstr1f3r
Who's going for Queen's here?

I've applied to Queen's for materials science. If you check the spreadsheet, I think you'll find that there are quite a few people applying to The Queen's College on there/here.
Original post by ev_theoneandonly

I don't know if anybody else has asked this already....but anybody submitted an Open Application and not heard about their assigned College yet???? Thanks guys :biggrin:
Quite a lot of people on FB say they haven't heard. I'm sure Oxford will be in contact soon!
Original post by Ambs
Yay, I'm glad I could help :smile: I'm sorry to say this, but I have no idea how I structured my essay. Once you hand it in you never get to see it again, and while I do remember which texts I worked on I have no idea what my structure was like. To be honest I doubt I had a decent structure, as lots of ideas came to me while I was writing and working on a point :redface: I do remember not having an ending - I ran out of time and had my paper yanked from underneath my pen :tongue:

I'm really sorry I can't be more helpful - I'm not a native English speaker and this was about the first essay on literature I ever wrote in my life, so I had no idea of what a normal or good structure even was :dontknow:

Again, I can't emphasise enough that while the ELAT is important and I would advice everyone to take it seriously, it really isn't something you should be too worried about; you've probably been writing essays for years. This is just an aptitude test; if you want to study English this is something you're good at. Hell, I even made a few spelling mistakes and got a 50.

Thanks for all the information, it's immensely reassuring :redface: Things always seem a lot scarier when you hardly know anything about them!
Original post by fluteflute
Quite a lot of people on FB say they haven't heard. I'm sure Oxford will be in contact soon!

Thank you!!!! That is reassuring to know that it is not just me :biggrin: Is anybody applying to do Biomedical Science???? It doesn't seem that there are a lot of people on here, that I am aware of....
Reply 8113
Original post by medbh4805
Mine is on Friday, I'm actually getting really excited about it, although it is mixed with an inexplicable feeling of dread, that my tan is going make me look like an oompa loompa, something will happen to my date (cause he's travelling from Newry - I keep thinking there's going to be a bomb scare on the motorway or something :afraid: ) or I'll drink too much too early and act like an idiot while the teachers are still in the venue. Fml.

I'm quite excited about mine but it's cost SO much money I cannot imagine it will be worth the amount spent on it! Ha don't worry about the tan- even better- put it on yourself! Don't worry all will go well, and if things get awkward/s***, alcohol is the answer :dance:

Yup there's a few of us that I know of... if you go back a page or two it shows. Apparently, we're meant to know by tomorrow now :smile:
Reply 8115
Subject: History and German
College: Worcester
GCSEs: 8 A* 3 A
AS levels: AAAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*A* + EPQ

Could I be added to the wiki please? Thank you!
Original post by Devil_in_disguise
Why? Just because you'd like a change?

Basically, yes.

I'm jealous of your half-term, guys... :frown:
From the times... suspicions confirmed...

Universities are facing their biggest fall in applications for more than 30 years, with new figures showing a decline of about 10% in the face of next year’s hike in fees.

Of 26 universities that provided figures last week, 15 reported a fall with one, City University London, saying they were down by more than 40%.

The figures are the first evidence of how would-be students are being put off by fear of debt when fees rise to a maximum of £9,000 next year.
Original post by punctuation

Original post by punctuation
From the times... suspicions confirmed...
I doubt Oxford will see a decrease in applications though :tongue:
Original post by fluteflute
I doubt Oxford will see a decrease in applications though :tongue:

Well, yes :rolleyes: unfortunately for us :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending