The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by such_a_lady
x

I want to know everything!

Currently just stalking all the other photos you took, typical that you had to get Goethe in there somewhere! :rofl: :colone:
I just realized I have a York pen from last year's uni fair... though I ended up not applying there! :tongue:

I don't have anything besides prospectuses from the unis I applied to... *grumble grumble*
Original post by punctuation
I just realized I have a York pen from last year's uni fair... though I ended up not applying there! :tongue:

I don't have anything besides prospectuses from the unis I applied to... *grumble grumble*

Haha in case you wanted to know... Im just going to tell you anyway I HAVE:

Oxford 2011
Oxford 2012 (Keen?)
Cambridge 2011
LSE 2011
LSE 2012
Durham 2011
Warwick 2011

I was too lazy to order 2012 and everything was practically the same anyway :smile:

I just happened to go to LSE & Oxford open day
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Haha in case you wanted to know... Im just going to tell you anyway I HAVE:

Oxford 2011
Oxford 2012 (Keen?)
Cambridge 2011
LSE 2011
LSE 2012
Durham 2011
Warwick 2011

I was too lazy to order 2012 and everything was practically the same anyway :smile:

I just happened to go to LSE & Oxford open day

I have... (quantity in brackets):

Oxford 2012 (2)
Oxford TSA brochure, psychology brochure, etc. (1 ea.)
UCL undergraduate 2011 (3)
UCL postgraduate 2011 (1)
UCL 2012 (1)
RHUL 2012 (1)
Bristol 2011 (1)
Bristol 2012 (1)

These are just the ones I applied to (Exeter 0, hahahahahaha); too lazy to count the others. Yes I have a lot of UCL prospectuses... I have one from a uni fair, one that I got in the post, one (post- and undergrad) from UCL itself, and the 2012 one from the recent uni fair.

And I have two from Oxford because I travelled all the way to get an actual prospectus, I didn't want to lose one. :tongue:

ETA: Wooooowwww... looking over this, I seem utterly mad.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9364
I am probably just being extremely melodramatic but all this waiting is making me start to over-think things like was my personal statement good enough or I've probably done terribly on the LNAT etc... and I am really beginning to doubt if I am good enough for Oxford. And everyone on here and on the fb group seems super smart and I just feel inadequate in comparison.

woe is me~

hahaha :frown:
Oooh prospectuses! :biggrin:

I have them for Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial, Imperial (postgrad) Newcastle, Bristol, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Peninsula, St. Georges, UWE... Although not for Kings or Manchester, which are where i've actually applied :lolwut:
I have... (quantity in brackets):

Oxford 2012 (2)
Oxford TSA brochure, psychology brochure, etc. (1 ea.)
UCL undergraduate 2011 (3)
UCL postgraduate 2011 (1)
UCL 2012 (1)
RHUL 2012 (1)
Bristol 2011 (1)
Bristol 2012 (1)

These are just the ones I applied to (Exeter 0, hahahahahaha); too lazy to count the others. Yes I have a lot of UCL prospectuses... I have one from a uni fair, one that I got in the post, one (post- and undergrad) from UCL itself, and the 2012 one from the recent uni fair.

And I have two from Oxford because I travelled all the way to get an actual prospectus, I didn't want to lose one. :tongue:

ETA: Wooooowwww... looking over this, I seem utterly mad.

Original post by manic_fuzz
Oooh prospectuses! :biggrin:

I have them for Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial, Imperial (postgrad) Newcastle, Bristol, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Peninsula, St. Georges, UWE... Although not for Kings or Manchester, which are where i've actually applied :lolwut:

TREES. ARE. DYING. BECAUSE. OF. YOU!

ITS ALL YOUR (mostly you Rhys) FAULT!!!

hahaha :smile: I'm joking ofc, I'm also to blame too :frown:

But why do you have the postgrad ones! and UCL x 3!! Extreeeeme, don't you have to pay for postage if it's outside the UK o_O
Yknow it's all online! :tongue: I do wonder what universites do with leftover stock! I mean, they must over-print... right?
Original post by Olive12
I am probably just being extremely melodramatic but all this waiting is making me start to over-think things like was my personal statement good enough or I've probably done terribly on the LNAT etc... and I am really beginning to doubt if I am good enough for Oxford. And everyone on here and on the fb group seems super smart and I just feel inadequate in comparison.

woe is me~

story of my life...

But why do you have the postgrad ones! and UCL x 3!! Extreeeeme, don't you have to pay for postage if it's outside the UK o_O
Yknow it's all online! :tongue: I do wonder what universites do with leftover stock! I mean, they must over-print... right?

I don't know why I have the postgrad one... my parents picked up prospectuses from the UCL help centre (or whatever it's called) and they just picked up both for no reason... I was all: NOOO I ALREADY HAVE SO MANY. I don't have to pay for postage since UCL is the so-called 'international uni' and they send things for free around the world :biggrin:

I know it's all online... but I like flipping through paper copies :frown:

And they give the leftover stock away at uni fairs. :lol: The RHUL woman gave me both 2011 and 2012 prospectuses, now that I think of it. She was trying to get rid of the extra 2011 ones. :tongue:

I LIKE KILLING TREES :colone:

Hahah i accidentally ordered it when i really wanted a normal one, but i ordered it like back in year 11 :tongue: I've probably ordered a lot more, but these are the ones which are currently on top of my drawers. But, but, things are so much better in book form! :redface:

Hahah i accidentally ordered it when i really wanted a normal one, but i ordered it like back in year 11 :tongue: I've probably ordered a lot more, but these are the ones which are currently on top of my drawers. But, but, things are so much better in book form! :redface:

I have loads of prospectuses from last year when I didn't know which unis were that good... I have this SUPER THICK one from London met. -_- It's probably the weight of a small, hardcover novel and at least a centimetre or two thick... *facepalm*

That is true, I didn;t have the Bath one so I think I've downloaded it about 10 times (sorry laptop, forgive me < my computer has feelings too okay! Shh I'm not weird). And I'm so lazy that I use ctrl+F to find things on the online prospectus rather than skimming the paper copy.

ONLY :O top drawers? Oh gosh, wow it seems there are plenty who are guilty of prospectus overload!

BUT...but... Trees! Environment, pollution, deforestation! oxygen, ozone layer, waste of resources. and most of all those shadows in the trees will come out and eat us! (Okay if you don't watch Dr. Who you're not going to get that but I hope you do)

o_O I really need to stop watching DW and getting creeped out.
I have loads of prospectuses from last year when I didn't know which unis were that good... I have this SUPER THICK one from London met. -_- It's probably the weight of a small, hardcover novel and at least a centimetre or two thick... *facepalm*

:lol: Awww i love it when we're all naive and think silly things.

Back in year 10 i decided that after GCSEs i was going to move away and go to Petroc College (near me) to do a 2-year CACHE in Childcare and then to Wakefield College Sixth Form to do my A-levels (because i'd assumed that only this one college that i'd found online had a range of more than 10 different A-levels). And then go to Plymouth Uni to do a degree in Childhood Studies and then to Oxford Uni to do a degree in Psychology and then go to UWE to do the EYPS Programme (to qualify me to run a nursery) and then to some other uni to do a doctorate in Clinical Psychology.

I had some strange ambitions :rolleyes:

That is true, I didn;t have the Bath one so I think I've downloaded it about 10 times (sorry laptop, forgive me &lt; my computer has feelings too okay! Shh I'm not weird). And I'm so lazy that I use ctrl+F to find things on the online prospectus rather than skimming the paper copy.

ONLY :O top drawers? Oh gosh, wow it seems there are plenty who are guilty of prospectus overload!

BUT...but... Trees! Environment, pollution, deforestation! oxygen, ozone layer, waste of resources. and most of all those shadows in the trees will come out and eat us! (Okay if you don't watch Dr. Who you're not going to get that but I hope you do)

Everyone loves prospectuses! :biggrin:

And oh don't be ridiculous, of course you're weird, we all are!

Oh i don't care much for the environment. As long as all the cute animals like penguins and albino dolphins and platypuses still exist then i'm good with it. I'd actually be happy for spiders to just disappear from England! And oh yes, i LOVE Doctor Who.

:colone: VASHTA NERADA :colone:
That is true, I didn;t have the Bath one so I think I've downloaded it about 10 times (sorry laptop, forgive me &lt; my computer has feelings too okay! Shh I'm not weird). And I'm so lazy that I use ctrl+F to find things on the online prospectus rather than skimming the paper copy.

DW~ :biggrin:

Anyway, I have a whole box of prospectuses from Canadian and UK unis alike... :colondollar:
I've just found my final draft of my first piece of A2 coursework which we did before the summer which I was gonna send off for my written work which somehow has managed to not get marked... ooops. Hopefully my english teacher will do a super speedy marking of it for me after the holidays otherwise i'm ****ed hahah. and won't write 'this is dreadful change it all' across the top...
Original post by Olive12

woe is me~

Don't freak out, everyone who has similar GCSEs to me on the stalker page has the words "migating circumstances" or whatever written next to it, as if 5/6A*s isn't good enough :s-smilie: I mean, is "mitigating circumstances" really a factor when you still got 6A*s+ 6As at GCSE? Surely the difference between a few A*s comes down to the exam on the day and that examiner etc...I don't know.

You can trace the state of my mental health by reading through my posts on this thread :tongue: a few days ago I was ready to give up completely, but despite the fact that my GCSEs seem below everyone else's, and apparently the average no. of A-levels seems to be about 5, but now I feel weirdly determined, like I have nothing to lose, I've already applied & I have 4 other choices :smile: best thing to do now is try my best and then wait! At least I'll never regret not applying when I had the chance! I'm sure you will be fine :biggrin:

P.S, a chemistry teacher at my school went to Oxford, apparently most of the people bigging (?) themselves up before/at the interview stage didn't even get in....and I'd ignore the people writing comments such as "best in the world" etc. after their grades :rolleyes:

Everyone loves prospectuses! :biggrin:

And oh don't be ridiculous, of course you're weird, we all are!

Oh i don't care much for the environment. As long as all the cute animals like penguins and albino dolphins and platypuses still exist then i'm good with it. I'd actually be happy for spiders to just disappear from England! And oh yes, i LOVE Doctor Who.

:colone: VASHTA NERADA :colone:

Nawwww that was so cute

True, we're all weird and geeky and hilarious! and we LOVE it <3 aha

Okay you're obviously a more dedicated fan than me seeing as your remember the name. All I remember was that it was called Silence in the Library xD

Am I the only who is HATING this season, it's getting so boring :frown: I miss Tennant, although I do LOVE amy and Rory! They so cute ^^

The Silence o_O

Edit: okay! What's the big idea? How do I make a photo appear? *doh!*
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fluteflute
I just have to think up some good questions now...

you better, i'll be looking out for you

Aha, you have to love Nigel Farage :tongue:

I know, he's like Boris Johnson, he's one of those ridiculous men you have to like no matter what your political views

i hope he makes an appearance again on hignfy soon :colonhash:
:lol: Awww i love it when we're all naive and think silly things.

Back in year 10 i decided that after GCSEs i was going to move away and go to Petroc College (near me) to do a 2-year CACHE in Childcare and then to Wakefield College Sixth Form to do my A-levels (because i'd assumed that only this one college that i'd found online had a range of more than 10 different A-levels). And then go to Plymouth Uni to do a degree in Childhood Studies and then to Oxford Uni to do a degree in Psychology and then go to UWE to do the EYPS Programme (to qualify me to run a nursery) and then to some other uni to do a doctorate in Clinical Psychology.

I had some strange ambitions :rolleyes:

I used to want to be a doctor

Spoiler

what was I even thinking :facepalm2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAREfotNOM&NR=1

Am I the only one wondering why it took so long for her to buzz? Haha maybe I'm into HP too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_lRBS-cRhw&feature=related

I love this ^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y7NXvBSpE8&feature=related

I died. This is even better!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9379
Original post by Niki_girl
Don't freak out, everyone who has similar GCSEs to me on the stalker page has the words "migating circumstances" or whatever written next to it, as if 5/6A*s isn't good enough :s-smilie: I mean, is "mitigating circumstances" really a factor when you still got 6A*s+ 6As at GCSE? Surely the difference between a few A*s comes down to the exam on the day and that examiner etc...I don't know.

You can trace the state of my mental health by reading through my posts on this thread :tongue: a few days ago I was ready to give up completely, but despite the fact that my GCSEs seem below everyone else's, and apparently the average no. of A-levels seems to be about 5, but now I feel weirdly determined, like I have nothing to lose, I've already applied & I have 4 other choices :smile: best thing to do now is try my best and then wait! At least I'll never regret not applying when I had the chance! I'm sure you will be fine :biggrin:

P.S, a chemistry teacher at my school went to Oxford, apparently most of the people bigging (?) themselves up before/at the interview stage didn't even get in....and I'd ignore the people writing comments such as "best in the world" etc. after their grades :rolleyes:

6A*s is plenty, my mum once heard if it was true they had a cut off of 7A*s or lower (like UCL) and the senior tutor said they're really not that bothered by GCSE's.
There's an index that relates your GCSE results to your Alevels that shows if you're underachieving or overachieving though, that might be of vague interest.
And like everywhere else, they only ask for 3 a level results so really any more is just keen :P

Latest

Trending

Trending