Original post by such_a_lady
Chiara :smile:

Original post by nightmare91
What a pretty name! My name is Sven. :smile:

I love both your names! <3 They're so awesome. :biggrin:
Reply 1781
Original post by punctuation
I love both your names! <3 They're so awesome. :biggrin:

I'm Domhnall Iain. (Dolian, Dol-Eee-Anne) It looks so ugly compared to everyone else!
Original post by candide
I'm Domhnall Iain. (Dolian, Dol-Eee-Anne) It looks so ugly compared to everyone else!

No! It's definitely really cool. :colondollar:
Original post by candide

it's a cool name! Never heard it before so that makes it special :wink:
Reply 1784
No! It's definitely really cool. :colondollar:

hahah, thanks! that was a joke, im not all angsty or anything. I like my name. Its been in the family for hundreds of years. =]
Original post by candide
hahah, thanks! that was a joke, im not all angsty or anything. I like my name. Its been in the family for hundreds of years. =]

Haha okay. :biggrin:

On another note: quick! post! we're 17 pages away from beating those darn Cantabrigians! :wink:
Good, now we can call each other by our real names instead of usernames :smile:
Original post by candide
See that is the difference, only a tiny minority of Scottish schools actually teach Gaidhlig. In Ireland, Irish is synonymous with Ireland. In Scotland, many lowlanders would rather see Scots alone adopted as our national tongue, rather than Gaidhlig.

I remember reading once that Ian Paisley used to call Irish "a silly little leprechaun language."

The Good Friday Agreement had to recognize Ulster-Scots as a language too didn't it? To please the unionists. Sad to think even languages are usurped in the cause of hatred... (i.e as a marks of division)

Yes the appropriation of the Irish lnaguage by the Republican movement is something that angers me greatly....especially when you consider some of the earlier Irish language revivalists were Protestants...

I remember visiting Stormont once and we got one of the information leaflets in Ulster Scots. I found it quite amusing "tha cowncil meets for tae maak laas" :rofl: I don't know how you could see it as anything other than a dialect of English....

Planar
You're a unionist, I want to hear your opinion on this matter :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
I've already revealed my name on this thread....:holmes:
Good, now we can call each other by our real names instead of usernames :smile:

Hooray! I hope I won't forget in a few days... Hahaha :colondollar:
Reply 1790
What are your real names, guys? Not to be creepy or anything. :wink:

I'm Julie.

Michael, typical name huh. :tongue:
I also love how everyone in this thread is a little bit mad in one way or another :smile:
What are your real names, guys? Not to be creepy or anything. :wink:

I'm Julie.

I'm Nikita :smile:
I also love how everyone in this thread is a little bit mad in one way or another :smile:

Yep. :lol: Do you think the Cambridge lot are sane though?
Yep. :lol: Do you think the Cambridge lot are sane though?

They sound rather logical, to be fair.

What's happening in Canada right now? :smile:

Also, is anyone else apart from Sven seeing Merton next Wednesday?

Original post by Niki_girl
I'm Nikita :smile:

One of my oldest friends is called Nikita so I have to try and not picture you as her :lol:
They sound rather logical, to be fair.

What's happening in Canada right now? :smile:

I dunno. It's quite nice enough though. ^^
Reply 1796
Haha and then someone (--> Julie :smile:) beat me to it and my supposed post 1800 turns out to be 1801...
Reply 1797
I dunno. It's quite nice enough though. ^^

I love Canada. I have family over in Nova Scotia, they're practically hicks but they're oh-so-nice and we have sucha great time. =D
Is anyone at all going to Balliol on the 6th? It would be awesome to meet some of you :P and I think i'm gonna be walking around Oxford on my own like a loner :/
Original post by MeeMee
Haha and then someone (--> Julie :smile:) beat me to it and my supposed post 1800 turns out to be 1801...

Awww.

Have an award anyway:

:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending