Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are there any listeners of Boards of Canada here? I absolutely love them, one of my favourite artists. Never really got around to buying any of their other albums besides Geogaddi, though; I really should get around to it. I don't frequent music blogs or anything like that and I was wondering does anybody know if they're bringing any new material out soon? Oh, and why not, what's your favourite track? I think mine has got to be either Amo Bishop Roden or In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    Are there any listeners of Boards of Canada here? I absolutely love them, one of my favourite artists. Never really got around to buying any of their other albums besides Geogaddi, though; I really should get around to it. I don't frequent music blogs or anything like that and I was wondering does anybody know if they're bringing any new material out soon? Oh, and why not, what's your favourite track? I think mine has got to be either Amo Bishop Roden or In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country.
    Yeah I listen to the odd BOA stuff, not much though, I do listen to similar stuff as BOA though such as Tycho, should really listen to more to be honest :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Huge fan of BOC here!

They certainly won't be telling you of any releases they have or might not have lined up.... they're very reclusive and press-shy (kind of like Burial).

Nonetheless, they're a wonderfull, boundary-pushing electronic duo, comparable to The Orb and KLF (if not better).

If you liked Geogaddi, you'll adore Music has the Right to Children. It's generally considered their seminal masterpiece: a watershed moment in ambient music, in my opinion.

Great track from Music has the Right to Children.... this album's in my top 10 of all time and probably top 3 EDM albums.... Love 'em to death.

ReputationRep:
    BOC are sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    Huge fan of BOC here!

They certainly won't be telling you of any releases they have or might not have lined up.... they're very reclusive and press-shy (kind of like Burial).

Nonetheless, they're a wonderfull, boundary-pushing electronic duo, comparable to The Orb and KLF (if not better).

Aye, I've read in various places that they are quite reclusive. The Orb and KLF? Never heard of those, think I'll give them a listen. Ahhh...roygbiv is a great track! Some of the shorter ones are the best for sure. Constants are Changing..Dawn Chorus..Olson, great little tracks in their own right. Nice to see other people appreciate them like I do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    Aye, I've read in various places that they are quite reclusive. The Orb and KLF? Never heard of those, think I'll give them a listen. Ahhh...roygbiv is a great track! Some of the shorter ones are the best for sure. Constants are Changing..Dawn Chorus..Olson, great little tracks in their own right. Nice to see other people appreciate them like I do!
    YEAH! Olson is great.... you should definately check out the other two artists I mentioned.

And you must get Music has the right to Children.

Happy listening.

ReputationRep:
    I've only listened to Music has the Right to Children and Geogaddi, but I love them. Roygbiv, Pete Standing Alone and Music is Math are outstanding tracks.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about Turquoise Hexagon Sun. That tune is on repeat on Heaven's jukebox.

ReputationRep:
    I really must listen to more BOC. I was introduced to them by this advert when I was about 13, but still I haven't fully explored their music. I'll make that my mission for this week

ReputationRep:
    i love boards of canada i would sell my soul to see them live

one of my favourites which wasn't on any of their main albums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEmaj9C6ko

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altocirrus)
    I really must listen to more BOC. I was introduced to them by this advert when I was about 13, but still I haven't fully explored their music. I'll make that my mission for this week
    That track is.... just, incredible.

Thanks for that. I'm getting that EP NOW.... I'm going to stay up all night and put it on repeat.

God, I love BOC.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished listeing to that EP....

It goes: great track, good track, great track, good track. So, I give it 8.5/10

By the way OP, there is nothing more profoundly beautiful than Aphex Twin's early ambient releases....

You should get selected ambient works 85-92 and then get selected ambient works ii, the former of which I believe is better and ranks in my top 10 albums of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altocirrus)
    Wha?! I can't believe I've never heard that track before. It's fantastic. Thanks for posting, I'm listening to it right now.

Does anybody else think some of the fan videos on youtube just fit the tracks so perfectly it's like BoC created them themselves? Admittedly the video for 'Everything You Do Is A Balloon' is a bit strange..

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.