Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered of any unusual surnames or nicknames other people have,what the names mean and if your happy or not with your surname or nickname? My family surname is Berry, i have my passport,and driving license in Berry, i like that name. I also have a few things in my STEPdads surname which is drake such as bank account and N:I number which i am going to change to Berry soon(damn! I hate the name drake,especialy wen i get called by it in public)

ReputationRep:
    I like Drake better than Berry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    I like Drake better than Berry.
    Cybele Drake? Nah, Cybele Berry sounds nicer tbh

ReputationRep:
    I never order Taxis using my surname as it inevitably transforms in to "taxi for Lemon" other frequent variations include "Yes Mr Leeham take a seat over there" and "Order no 192 for Barry Leaburn"

Grinds my gears.

ReputationRep:
    Berry, that's an awesome surname.

ReputationRep:
    Not much I can do to Gisicki
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I love having a frankly awesome surname
    I prefer people call me by that - especially as there are many people with the same first name as me in my friendship group.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's Grundy. I think it's dead manly, but all my friends call me "Grund" so nickname stuck.

In Primary school I used to get teased and called Grumpy Grundy, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grund)
    Mine's Grundy. I think it's dead manly, but all my friends call me "Grund" so nickname stuck.

In Primary school I used to get teased and called Grumpy Grundy, though
    You think that's a harsh insult? I was once told that my, 'g's look like 9's'.

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    Butler :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I have the most awful surname ever.
    I always get embarrassed saying it.

I have loads of nicknames though. Rebekah has a lot of potential. My favourite being Reeba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryboysh)
    Cybele Drake? Nah, Cybele Berry sounds nicer tbh
    Unless your first name is Cybele, which mine isn't, this is a pointless post. :mmm:
    I just think Drake sounds better.

ReputationRep:
    My surname is awesome. It's also traceable/facebook stalkable, given that it's not common in the UK, so I'm not saying. It's Polish though, so it's one vowel to for every five letters and some of those are crazy things like Zs and Ks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meerkaatt)
    Berry, that's an awesome surname.
    cheers, so is meerkat

ReputationRep:
    People call me Rash mostly, my cousin and aunt call me Dah (like, Duh), also Sherry the Berry, Mom calls me Sherry, Reshrooshee, Chere.. Some friends call me Ruru as well. So quite a few nicknames. I'm not complaining and my surname, no one can ever pronounce it properly other than Turkish speakers. But it's nothing retarded in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    I never order Taxis using my surname as it inevitably transforms in to "taxi for Lemon" other frequent variations include "Yes Mr Leeham take a seat over there" and "Order no 192 for Barry Leaburn"

Grinds my gears.
    my name is lemon. my nickname is lemon. so i literally get taxi for lemon. it's not so bad.

i also have been nicknamed lurch by regulars at work. i'm tall and i work in a small place so i am always hunched over considering the door-frame is shorter than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    I have the most awful surname ever.
    I always get embarrassed saying it.

I have loads of nicknames though. Rebekah has a lot of potential. My favourite being Reeba
    I'm a Rebekah too! Hooray for Rebekahs! (we're blatently better than Rebeccas) My friend calls me Rebba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grund)
    I'm a Rebekah too! Hooray for Rebekahs! (we're blatently better than Rebeccas) My friend calls me Rebba
    :five:
    Rebekahs are wayyy better than Rebeccas :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giantlemon)
    my name is lemon. my nickname is lemon. so i literally get taxi for lemon. it's not so bad.

i also have been nicknamed lurch by regulars at work. i'm tall and i work in a small place so i am always hunched over considering the door-frame is shorter than me.
    Perhaps you are descended from a family of Medieval lemon barons, who hoarded all the vitamins for themselves, refusing to share them with the ancestors of said regulars, who then gave birth to small children and the cycle continues until the present day, and will never stop until there is no more smallness to be had at all.

ReputationRep:
    Well my friend calls me donkey-duck which she says ties in wit my surname... but I don't really see it tbh

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.