?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'm still waiting for both...do you reckon I should worry? :confused:
Peapod
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Exactly the same situation I was in last year.
I got in to one but not the other....
i think they're just taking their time.
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
I'm still waiting for both...do you reckon I should worry? :confused:
i've got an offer from york for english, but that was only last week. I think that i've applied to similar unis to you, if i recall correctly from a past thread, but can't be too sure! I still haven't even heard from Bristol, not even an acknowledgement or anything so i'm a bit stressed bout that, but apparently no news is good news, so keep hoping for york! Dunno about Durham tho.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A couple of friends of mine who both applied in October have both recieved offers from York but been rejected from Durham. I haven't heard anything from either of them yet (although that's for History).
Acid_Rain
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've applied to York but have heard nothin' so far (my application went in at the end of November though). One of my friends who applied there for psychology has yet to get a reply either.

I've heard their English Dept. is well-known for taking aaaaages :rolleyes:
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Acid_Rain)
I've applied to York but have heard nothin' so far (my application went in at the end of November though). One of my friends who applied there for psychology has yet to get a reply either.

I've heard their English Dept. is well-known for taking aaaaages :rolleyes:
Well they certainly aren't very efficient...i got a letter from them asking me to study in 2004 wen i specified deferred entry, plus they sent me lots of stuff about international students?! I phoned them up and it turned out to just be administrative error, but still!
Maybe i've only had an offer because i'm taking a gap year? Maybe they process deferred entry first? Anyways i wouldn't worry if i were you, i'm sure you'll get in
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Alas, my rejection came in November...bloody, bloody....
minxyb*~
Report 16 years ago
I've heard from Durham, but not from York - like somebody said before, they're known for taking ages! Has anyone heard from Edinburgh for English Lit.?

Jo x
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 29 Jun '20
  • Durham University
    Sat, 4 Jul '20
  • Durham University
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Do you get study leave?