camp beaumont Watch

greenpeas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone,
I just got offered a place at their assesment weekend and i was wondering whether anyone els had got an offer or had been through the process before to give me a better idea of what lies ahead.
esachica
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greenpeas)
Hi everyone,
I just got offered a place at their assesment weekend and i was wondering whether anyone els had got an offer or had been through the process before to give me a better idea of what lies ahead.
I've applied, but only yesterday so I think I might have been too late! Are they giving you accommodation at the assessment week? Also, what did they ask in the telephone interview?
nicnac10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi Greenpeas, I have got a place on the assesment weekend in April for group leader for residential camp..is that the same as yours??

I also have an interview for day camps...anyone know what questions they ask in the telephone interview??
thecatastrophe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi

I applied for the Day Camps and completed the Telephone Interview and Assessment Day and today they have given me a place YAY!!!!

For the telephone interview, they ask you a lot of health and safety questions, ideas for games but the key thing i reckon is to be happy and talk positively and ask questions at the end.

For the Assessment Day, you are split into groups and you do a series of activities throughout the day. The main one is to think of a game for the other group members, ideas like Stuck in the Mud, Bang Bang, Chinese Whispers are good. There is also a role play assessment where they give you different scenarios and how you act during it. Again, dont be quiet and speak up so the Leaders know who you are and be enthusiastic and generally act like a CHILD Lol

Good luck though!!!
x_xchristinax_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello,
I have applied to be a residential Group Leader, and got through to the assessment weekend too! It is in Grosvenor Centre in Kent on the 8th-10th of April, is that the same as yours greenpeas?
esachica
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by x_xchristinax_x)
Hello,
I have applied to be a residential Group Leader, and got through to the assessment weekend too! It is in Grosvenor Centre in Kent on the 8th-10th of April, is that the same as yours greenpeas?
Are you getting to stay at the centre for free?
x_xchristinax_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, they provide free accommodation for the weekend, but I have to make my own way there! But they also mentioned providing a coach from the main train station nearby to the hall, which is good . They also provide free accommodation for the training induction week also (If you pass the assessment) and then from there transport you to your camp.
esachica
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by x_xchristinax_x)
Yes, they provide free accommodation for the weekend, but I have to make my own way there! But they also mentioned providing a coach from the main train station nearby to the hall, which is good . They also provide free accommodation for the training induction week also (If you pass the assessment) and then from there transport you to your camp.
Ooh awesome! I'm kinda doubting I'll get a telephone interview as I applied quite late and although they said this was fine, they did mention they had hundreds of applicants and they were working through them as quickly as possible, especially as the 8th is pretty soon! But who knows

What did you say for the phone interview?
x_xchristinax_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I only applied less than 2 weeks ago so you should hear back hopefully!

The telephone interview was only 15 minutes, and they asked me what I understood of the Group Leader role (there is a lot of info on the website about this), my experience and how I can relate this to the role, how I can be a good role model etc etc. So basic questions you'd expect for working with children. Then they put me on hold and then I got through to the assessment. I think they'll pass most people from the telephone interview as they need the assessment day to really find out what you're like, so I wouldn't worry too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise