The Student Room Group

Can I get into finance with an economics degree?

As the tin says?
Reply 1
Yes.
Didn't you learn anything?
Reply 3
Original post by bob247
As the tin says?

is this a serious question? :s
Reply 4
Original post by joebarron
is this a serious question? :s

Yeah. I've got a year of school left, but have to start applying for scholarships in a couple of days so am trying to gather as much information as possible about the avenues available to me before I make the decision that will pretty much dictate my future :/
Reply 5
Nope
Reply 6
Original post by bob247
As the tin says?

Ok... I'm final year Economics student with a significant knowledge of finance industry job market and postgraduate education opportunities. What exactly is your questions then?
Reply 7
Original post by zDjM
Ok... I'm final year Economics student with a significant knowledge of finance industry job market and postgraduate education opportunities. What exactly is your questions then?

Basically, would it be possible to get a job in finance (financial advisor, whatever) with a degree in economics - or do you require a specific finance degree?
Reply 8
Original post by bob247
Basically, would it be possible to get a job in finance (financial advisor, whatever) with a degree in economics - or do you require a specific finance degree?

In UK you can have any degree that teaches you how to count. A friend of mine is going to have his internship in Restructuring division and he's got degree in Physics. I have an offer for Risk Management, a people on my course (Economics) are going into Finance (Middle Office) and M&A and accounting. When I was going for AC for Risk people were doing Compute Science, Maths, MORSE etc. As long as you can count, know about the role you're applying for and the world of finance and you have competencies you're gonna be fine (conditional on job market when you graduate).

That being said, do take Financial Economics modules offered by while your at university.
Reply 9
Of course.
only if you've watched wall street. 3 times or more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending