Didn't you learn anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob247)
    As the tin says?
    is this a serious question? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joebarron)
    is this a serious question? :s
    Yeah. I've got a year of school left, but have to start applying for scholarships in a couple of days so am trying to gather as much information as possible about the avenues available to me before I make the decision that will pretty much dictate my future :/

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    As the tin says?
    Ok... I'm final year Economics student with a significant knowledge of finance industry job market and postgraduate education opportunities. What exactly is your questions then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zDjM)
    Ok... I'm final year Economics student with a significant knowledge of finance industry job market and postgraduate education opportunities. What exactly is your questions then?
    Basically, would it be possible to get a job in finance (financial advisor, whatever) with a degree in economics - or do you require a specific finance degree?

ReputationRep:
    Basically, would it be possible to get a job in finance (financial advisor, whatever) with a degree in economics - or do you require a specific finance degree?
    In UK you can have any degree that teaches you how to count. A friend of mine is going to have his internship in Restructuring division and he's got degree in Physics. I have an offer for Risk Management, a people on my course (Economics) are going into Finance (Middle Office) and M&A and accounting. When I was going for AC for Risk people were doing Compute Science, Maths, MORSE etc. As long as you can count, know about the role you're applying for and the world of finance and you have competencies you're gonna be fine (conditional on job market when you graduate).

That being said, do take Financial Economics modules offered by while your at university.

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

ReputationRep:
    only if you've watched wall street. 3 times or more.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2011

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.