Lighting in Halls Watch

Scavenger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok this might sound a bit odd, but what sort of lighting is standard in hall rooms? Is it common to have fluorescent lights? What about lamps, do many people take their own?

Fluorescent lights do my head in and I'm going to be pretty peed off if I end up with them in my room...
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think a lot of Uni's have those stupid energy saving ones now. I have halogen ones on the ceiling (not energy saving) and an energy saving one at my desk. I think the one by my sink might be fluoerscent? It's a strip light.
Teao the Cat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've had floursecent lights, but I always lived in cheap accomodation... Either post in the specific university forum for where you'll go, or take some lamps if it bothers you.
Lots of people take a desk lamp, and quite afew have fairy lights.
Paperkissx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
we didnt even get lamps, had to bring our own. All of my bulbs are energy saving, as in you can hardly tell they're on!
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Scavenger)
Ok this might sound a bit odd, but what sort of lighting is standard in hall rooms? Is it common to have fluorescent lights? What about lamps, do many people take their own?

Fluorescent lights do my head in and I'm going to be pretty peed off if I end up with them in my room...
Even if you do end up with the main ceiling light in the room being fluorescent, if you bring enough lamps, you won't even have to use it (I never use my main ceiling light).
Duck and Cover
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've brought my own, they were just some really cheap ones from ikea, but it makes such a difference! Definitely worth the investment!

I would strongly recommend this one :

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50139877

Very cheap but well worth it, it makes the room look infinitely warmer and cosier than if I just had the overhead lights on!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (78)
30%
No - I got the required grades (149)
57.31%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.69%

Watched Threads