How much harder is getting a degree at Uni than an A level at College? Watch

hamburgerandbeans
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Is there a big step up between A levels and Uni?

I am struggling a little at A level and I am considering going to Uni, however if it is a LOT harder at Uni then I am worried that I will struggle!
username425364
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hamburgerandbeans)
Is there a big step up between A levels and Uni?

I am struggling a little at A level and I am considering going to Uni, however if it is a LOT harder at Uni then I am worried that I will struggle!
Do you want to be any more subjective? Everyone would define the step up in a different way, the answer will vary from person to person.
*sigh*

You don't seem like the type to go asking these questions...just sayin'

It is not OBVIOUS the sort of extra work, different work and learning environments you will face?
scotland26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was struggling at uni and am currently heading for a 2:1 in law. At uni your focusing on what you want to study alot more which you will find easier. I enjoy law so i dont mind doing extra reading. If you dont do much work its not to hard to get a 3rd as long as you roughly no what your talking about - if that helps
hslt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends what you do
hamburgerandbeans
Rep:
?
Since many people have asked what I want to do, it will be an undergraduate degree in sport (although I am not certain which area of sport at the moment).
DeepStar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think its harder as in the material you are taught although that will vary depending on the subject but I think what some people struggle with is the independent learning and the change from classroom teaching to lecture hall approach.
But assuming you enjoy the subject, have a career in mind and actually want to pass then doing the extra work on your own shouldn't be a problem.
hamburgerandbeans
Rep:
?
(Original post by DeepStar)
I don't think its harder as in the material you are taught although that will vary depending on the subject but I think what some people struggle with is the independent learning and the change from classroom teaching to lecture hall approach.
But assuming you enjoy the subject, have a career in mind and actually want to pass then doing the extra work on your own shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks!!
DeepStar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks!!
No problem. Enjoy the experience and keep a healthy balance between working and play, you'll be fine
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by super.teve)
Do you want to be any more subjective? Everyone would define the step up in a different way, the answer will vary from person to person.
*sigh*

You don't seem like the type to go asking these questions...just sayin'

It is not OBVIOUS the sort of extra work, different work and learning environments you will face?
Says the person who's not even at uni yet. :\
username425364
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by becky.fm)
Says the person who's not even at uni yet. :\
Why does that matter? I've done my research, first and second hand.
Siblings and friends at at university too.

becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by super.teve)
Why does that matter? I've done my research, first and second hand.
Siblings and friends at at university too.

Oh, you've done your research through TSR i assume? Ha. You won't have a clue until you try it yourself, so stop being so condescending to the OP.
hamburgerandbeans
Rep:
?
Oh, you've done your research through TSR i assume? Ha. You won't have a clue until you try it yourself, so stop being so condescending to the OP.
Sorry to get involved in your dispute, but does 'OP' stand for 'Original Poster'???
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry to get involved in your dispute, but does 'OP' stand for 'Original Poster'???
Yah.
hamburgerandbeans
Rep:
?
Yah.
Ok, thanks!
username425364
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, through people I know?! Through my friends having parents working as lecturers, to visits to the universities, through common sense and an English trip to Aberystwyth last year for a week.

Pedantic or what?
OddThings
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm glad you asked this question OP,as I've been worrying about it too.I have a real issue with time management and sometimes find elements of my courses now quite difficult,so worry how difficult university may be.
hamburgerandbeans
Rep:
?
(Original post by OddThings)
I'm glad you asked this question OP,as I've been worrying about it too.I have a real issue with time management and sometimes find elements of my courses now quite difficult,so worry how difficult university may be.
that is just the same as me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (148)
46.11%
Pro-humanity (173)
53.89%