Turn on thread page Beta

Workout DVD's watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do they work?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this DVD is the best one available as verified by multiple fitness mags...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp7VXYNyiXg

DVDs doesn't need an apostrophe.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'd recommend Vicky Entwhistle's WOW (Weight off workout).

And when you feel yourself getting a bit fitter. The Ministry of Sound dance ones are pretty cool :yep:

ReputationRep:
    lol "fitness DVDs"

here's an idea; stop fannying around, get on a proper routine and hit the treadmill and the weights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    lol "fitness DVDs"

stop fannying around, get on a proper routine and hit the treadmill and the weights
    this

ReputationRep:
    lol "fitness DVDs"

stop fannying around, get on a proper routine and hit the treadmill and the weights
    Not all of us can afford to go to the gym, or even have the equipment at home so dont be so narrow minded! If you put the effort into a dvd it can help improve your fitness, its essentially aerobics that most of them cover and if that really wasnt 'proper' exercise they wouldnt offer aerobics classes in gyms would they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahoward)
    Not all of us can afford to go to the gym, or even have the equipment at home so dont be so narrow minded! If you put the effort into a dvd it can help improve your fitness, its essentially aerobics that most of them cover and if that really wasnt 'proper' exercise they wouldnt offer aerobics classes in gyms would they?
    You know that thing outside your house, its kinda flat and greyish, its called a pavement. Put some trainers on and go run on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    You know that thing outside your house, its kinda flat and greyish, its called a pavement. Put some trainers on and go run on it
    Say you dont feel you have the fitness to feel comfortable being out running yet, you can increase your fitness to make sure your happy going out doing it! All i was saying was that people ALWAYS say the gym if someone refers to a dvd or something, assuming that everyone can afford it. And how do you know that i dont go out running anyway? You shouldnt assume things that you quite obviously dont know about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahoward)
    Say you dont feel you have the fitness to feel comfortable being out running yet, you can increase your fitness to make sure your happy going out doing it! All i was saying was that people ALWAYS say the gym if someone refers to a dvd or something, assuming that everyone can afford it. And how do you know that i dont go out running anyway? You shouldnt assume things that you quite obviously dont know about.
    Ok your defensive aren't you?

Then maybe you should say so to stop people making that assumption, though i didnt actually assume anything either way, i just gave you a suggestion.

Another thing a lot of people do is make excuses as why they cant do something such as just for an idea and putting it out there "not feeling fit enough to feel comfortable running outside"

And another idea is speak to your council, they will let you use thier gyms for free

ReputationRep:
    I like davina Mcalls dvd... you should try it

ReputationRep:
    Another thing a lot of people do is make excuses as why they cant do something such as just for an idea and putting it out there "not feeling fit enough to feel comfortable running outside"
    I don't think that that is an excuse? Surely it's better to feel comfortable when you first start running outside for the first time. Much more able to enjoy i and not worry about the fact you're a pink puffing mess. Just my opinion though.

And to those suggesting going to the gym - I've looked into it but I'm not going to be able to afford it.

Oh and thanks for your suggestions!

ReputationRep:
    lol "fitness DVDs"

Some people like to do fitness DVD's to add a bit of variety into their workout routines! At the moment I am jogging for 30 mins three times a week, but would like to get a fitness DVD to do in the days I'm not jogging so I don't get too bored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Ok your defensive aren't you?

Then maybe you should say so to stop people making that assumption, though i didnt actually assume anything either way, i just gave you a suggestion.

And another idea is speak to your council, they will let you use thier gyms for free
    I'm not being picky.

Your: This is your defensive statement.
    You're: You're defensive, aren't you?

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.