The Student Room Group

The Female 'Anti-Fashion' Thread: What Not To Wear

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
God I wish you were my boyfriend....

Oh and the girl in your sig is dressed awfully
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
For what it's worth I agree with Mr. Coffee. Most women in this country don't have a clue how to dress. Thankfully there are a few that do, however.
Dislike.........

Huge baggy shirts/blouses that swamp you.

Odd looking shirts/vests with granny necklaces.

Wierd little pixie shoe things. Kankles springs to mind.

Random tops with no shape or style.

Camel toe leggings. Leggings with long tops are fine on anyone (apart from the stupidly obese)

Harem trousers of most forms or jeans with flares.

Biker boot things

Basically the majority of topshop's website at the moment.

But hey dress how you want it's not exactly a crime, its personal taste.
Original post by clo-clo1
God I wish you were my boyfriend....

Oh and the girl in your sig is dressed awfully

Shes much better when shes got hardly anything on.
Reply 24
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Shes much better when shes got hardly anything on.

Fair enough.

:puke:
Reply 26
Leggings look alright under a dress. I think that look has been around for 6-7 years now and is probably not going away anytime soon. Leggings by themselves? Hell No. Just wear tight fitting trousers if you want to show off your ass (which I am 100% in favour of, obviously).
I'll probably get negged heavily but I HATE leggings unless they are under dresses or very long tunics.

They are NOT trousers! :hmmm:

I am also not a fan of Harem trousers or jumpsuits because they don't really flatter anyone. A slim girl can try and pull it off but she will always look miles better in something more classy and fitted.

Also not a fan of jeggings..simply because they are of the legging variety. I do like treggings however.
Original post by I<3LAMP
I'll probably get negged heavily but I HATE leggings unless they are under dresses or very long tunics.

They are NOT trousers! :hmmm:

I am also not a fan of Harem trousers or jumpsuits because they don't really flatter anyone. A slim girl can try and pull it off but she will always look miles better in something more classy and fitted.

Also not a fan of jeggings..simply because they are of the legging variety. I do like treggings however.

Yep, but surely you don't always have to look classy. Jumpsuits are very outgoing. I personally think many people wear jumpsuits and still look very classy. It's just how you mix and match the clothes, shoes and accessories. People who wear jumpsuits and look terrible are ones who don't know how to properly wear it.

I agree that jumpsuits don't fit many people, but seriously for minority who wear them and look nice in them. It looks very very nice. :P
Original post by street.lovin'
Yep, but surely you don't always have to look classy. Jumpsuits are very outgoing. I personally think many people wear jumpsuits and still look very classy. It's just how you mix and match the clothes, shoes and accessories. People who wear jumpsuits and look terrible are ones who don't know how to properly wear it.

I agree that jumpsuits don't fit many people, but seriously for minority who wear them and look nice in them. It looks very very nice. :P

I think the baggier more boho ones look better, but I think you need a belt unless they have that elasticated waist cincer thing.

I can't help but think of them like big adult babygro's with no feet though, but I'm willing to be proved wrong! :mmm:

Playsuits are different though, can't explain why, though they are generally v v short for a tall girl like me. :frown:
Original post by I<3LAMP
I think the baggier more boho ones look better, but I think you need a belt unless they have that elasticated waist cincer thing.

I can't help but think of them like big adult babygro's with no feet though, but I'm willing to be proved wrong! :mmm:

Playsuits are different though, can't explain why, though they are generally v v short for a tall girl like me. :frown:

Hehe, yep. I agree that for jumpsuit you need a belt or elastic thingy on the waist to make it looks fitted.
I never look good in playsuits, although they are basically a short version of jumpsuit.
Basically it's the type of clothes that are never going to look good on an obese person.
Not being horrible by the way. Just stating the truth.

Being a girl is hard. :frown: Especially when it comes to fashion and how to dress well. :frown:

PS* I don't like harem trouser either. It doens't look good on me. :frown: I am very short.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by street.lovin'
Hehe, yep. I agree that for jumpsuit you need a belt or elastic thingy on the waist to make it looks fitted.
I never look good in playsuits, although they are basically a short version of jumpsuit.
Basically it's the type of clothes that are never going to look good on an obese person.
Not being horrible by the way. Just stating the truth.

Being a girl is hard. :frown: Especially when it comes to fashion and how to dress well. :frown:

PS* I don't like harem trouser either. It doens't look good on me. :frown: I am very short.

Haha it's cool. I'm not obese anyway. I'm heavy hipped so stuff that are short look really really short and jumpsuits cling -think Carol Vorderman in a BAD way and you'll know what I mean. :wink:

Harems are evil...they make any woman look fat, frumpy and like they are wearing a nappy.
Original post by I<3LAMP
Haha it's cool. I'm not obese anyway. I'm heavy hipped so stuff that are short look really really short and jumpsuits cling -think Carol Vorderman in a BAD way and you'll know what I mean. :wink:

Harems are evil...they make any woman look fat, frumpy and like they are wearing a nappy.

I am jealous, I wish my hiip was bigger. I hardly have any, if you get what I mean. So I always have to wear belt or something to make it look like I got small waist and bigger hip! XD

I agree harem make people look fat, I also get the feeling that it's really weak and the person who wear it can drop it anytime XDD (Hope you get what I mean) ( http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQDCsgl-dpRZW11lnpZel66UrcJTb_a2UcjMmUqZfWBJmgOi0U ) It looks unconfortable.

But for people who look good in them, it probably look nice.
Original post by un-besito
I don't have the body to be able to pull one of these off anyway, but I think that even if you do it's not a great look...when worn with just a bra underneath it doesn't really leave much to the imagination does it?

A girl at my college wore one of these to college with a black bra underneath.

My business teacher told her off and said 'Noone wants to see it, give some respect to the college' ....

XDDD
I disagree with leggings, I quite like them, although with a long top or something. I also like military boots but that's mainly on a practical level.
I really don't like Uggs or harem pants though.
Reply 35
what is it that guys dont like about leggings? Is it just when larger people wear them that they think it looks bad? I'm pretty skinny, and I dont think they look bad :/
I simply say, 'don't wear anything that doesn't make the most of your figure'.

To elaborate, I mean wear form fitting clothing if you have the body for it, if not, fake it with classic tailoring and good quality well fitting underwear.

Oh and never ever wear a bra with straps with a strapless top, it's just not classy. Always match your underwear to your clothes - strapless for strapless tops, nude under white and black under black.

Finally, there's never 'bad weather' just 'bad clothing'.
Original post by Boo!xx
what is it that guys dont like about leggings? Is it just when larger people wear them that they think it looks bad? I'm pretty skinny, and I dont think they look bad :/

They can look okay, but can a lot of the time look awful.
Reply 38
Those Aladdin trouser things.

Short skirts on fat girls.

Hotpants on fat girls.
Anyone who wears harem pants or anything similar looks like they have **** themselves.. Its the same if you wear jeans that dont fit on the ass.

Baggy jeans ass is just not a good look. I just imagine a turt catcher or a nappy in there!!!

Quick Reply

Latest