Original post by chr1stopher11
Thank you for quoting, I've added you to the list :smile:

Thanks! Hope I see you in September :h:
Reply 82
Original post by maxcartwright
you turned down war studies? why?
thats the one i wanted but i got international politics instead:colondollar:

god everyone has been asking me that! But I guess I understand it
I turned down War Studies because, although it seemed fascinating, the course felt a little too defined if that makes any sense. I enjoy the sense of possibility that International Studies has. Also, language is really important to me and for it to be a compulsory part of the course is really appealing. I am also excited about the work placement because, in addition to strengthening my CV, I think it will take the emphasis out of finding summer placements and internships.
So yeah thats about it, if I get to regret my decision how about you and me sneak into some of the War Studies lectures? :yep:
Original post by timshel
god everyone has been asking me that! But I guess I understand it
I turned down War Studies because, although it seemed fascinating, the course felt a little too defined if that makes any sense. I enjoy the sense of possibility that International Studies has. Also, language is really important to me and for it to be a compulsory part of the course is really appealing. I am also excited about the work placement because, in addition to strengthening my CV, I think it will take the emphasis out of finding summer placements and internships.
So yeah thats about it, if I get to regret my decision how about you and me sneak into some of the War Studies lectures? :yep:

definately. :cool:
Reply 84
definately. :cool:

Haha thats sorted then! :biggrin:
So me and Cherryblossom4u have decided that the politics students should stick together and maybe meet up in September to get drunk ... umm i mean engage in intellectual political debate :colondollar:
keep your eyes peeled for a new thread!
Reply 85
Hey Chr1stopher11, tried to ‘quote’ you/might have successfully quoted you however I’m horrendous at computers. Could I possibly join this lovely little group of yours. Firmed up coming to King’s to study Nursing two weeks ago and have only just stumbled across this, fab idea btw. Totally up for meeting up with fellow TSR geeks during fresher’s. Can’t wait, King’s is going to be incredible. Congrats y’all.
Reply 86
Hello everyone. I couldn't find a thread where everyone's names were listed who have already firmed King's as well as their subject and I thought it would be quite useful to have one. If you want added to the list please QUOTE ME with your username and subject. I hope everyone gets the grades they need and bring on September!

Spoiler

ZYY, MA European Studies (General Pathway):tongue:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Georgie298
Hey Chr1stopher11, tried to ‘quote’ you/might have successfully quoted you however I’m horrendous at computers. Could I possibly join this lovely little group of yours. Firmed up coming to King’s to study Nursing two weeks ago and have only just stumbled across this, fab idea btw. Totally up for meeting up with fellow TSR geeks during fresher’s. Can’t wait, King’s is going to be incredible. Congrats y’all.

Of course you can join :smile:

Are you going to do the Nursing Practice, Nursing Studies/with registration/for mental health/child /adult nursing or graduate entry? I'm a bit confused, lol I didn't realize that there were so many Nursing courses! XD
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ZYY
ZYY, MA European Studies (General Pathway):tongue:

Awesome, I think there was another person doing the MA European Studies too :smile:

Also I've added you to the list :smile:
Hello everyone. I couldn't find a thread where everyone's names were listed who have already firmed King's as well as their subject and I thought it would be quite useful to have one. If you want added to the list please QUOTE ME with your username and subject. I hope everyone gets the grades they need and bring on September!

Spoiler

Hi, my username is laura_Jane
ive got a firm offer for London Kings to do nursing
was wandering if anyone was looking for flatmates for september?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 90

imi_23
firmed Biomedical Science ...grades permitting hope to meet you all in September :biggrin:
Reply 91
Awesome, I think there was another person doing the MA European Studies too :smile:

Also I've added you to the list :smile:

Oh I didn't realize there was another one! Thx!:biggrin:
Reply 92

Of course you can join :smile:

Are you going to do the Nursing Practice, Nursing Studies/with registration/for mental health/child /adult nursing or graduate entry? I'm a bit confused, lol I didn't realize that there were so many Nursing courses! XD

I’m doing ‘Nursing Studies with Registration Adult Nursing BSc’ apparently, thank you UCAS, didn't think I'd have to venture back on there so soon. Adult Nursing sounds a little bit carry on doesn’t it…Barbara Windsor is my idol :wink:
does anyone know when everything starts, like freshers and induction? I cant find a specific date for anything ...
Reply 94
okay so any ideas about accommodation?
I was thinking about Brian Creamer, then intercollegiate halls, then a spacious dumpster or something :P
Seriously any advice from someone who has lived there or gone on an open day ect would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:
Original post by timshel
okay so any ideas about accommodation?
I was thinking about Brian Creamer, then intercollegiate halls, then a spacious dumpster or something :P
Seriously any advice from someone who has lived there or gone on an open day ect would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

I stamford st, then great dover then wolfson then brian creamer. I guess it just depends on how close/far you want to be.
for those who have already applied for accomodation, how long did you have to wait until you got the confirmation email?
Reply 97
for those who have already applied for accomodation, how long did you have to wait until you got the confirmation email?

Month
Firmed for war studies!

Does anyone have views on accommodation? Reading through the accommodation threads, there seems to be a large amount of hate for Stamford St and Great Dover St (apparently they are unsocial) and lots of love for Wolfson... but according to the website they don't have internet in their rooms which seems a large drawback.. have I just read it wrong?!
Reply 99

Hi I'm Steffia and I'm gonna be doing Biomedical Sciences in September woop!!
Plz add me to the list :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest