Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    What exactly is this? I've read loads about it on the website but it doesn't give a massive load of information regarding what it does. I am eligible for this, State school, single parent (poor), no University education within my family etc... But what does it mean?


    As you can read there, there are two instances you can use it:

    Firstly, your family having no education and also your institution very rarely getting students to university. That latter point is vaguer, so if your state school does not send a lot of people to university then you may well be eligible. However you can't merely use the "family no uni" on its own. On UCAS you get the question have either of your parents gone to university though.

    Secondly, these are special circumstances which have affected your schooling. This is more likely to work in your favour, but you'd have to have it argued that your poor background and schooling has damaged your potential to reach the A*AA offer and/or hurt your GCSE grades as well.

    The best course of action is to email the central admissions office themselves. Be aware though the CSAS is not handled by yourself but must be done by your school/college.

    I did not go down that path, although I was most likely eligible and probably should have done but avoided it my college already being very aware of my circumstances. If you'd like all your universities to know about this, ask your referee to include it in your reference.
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.