Turn on thread page Beta

How to make money? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a real big general question posted on lots of forums and there's no one quick fix scheme to become a millionaire but how can you begin making money, whether it be online or other ways..
    Any success stories? links? tips?

ReputationRep:
    Sell things for more than they cost to produce.

Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Robbery.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i was tempted to sell stuff, but it's just a big investment at the start and no guarantees.. Alexx53, I don't wanna know what you get up to mate :P

ReputationRep:
    Don't TRY to purposely think of things to make/produce/buy and sell on, you'll rarely think of anything worthwhile!

Most of the best and most successful inventions and innovative products come from just realising one day. You'll encounter a problem or something you want, and you cant find it - you start selling it!

Unfortunately, like I said, it's difficult to think of ideas on the spot!

ReputationRep:
    Become a drug dealer. Guaranteed income & completely tax free.

Just don't start smoking your stock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardleyouth)
    Don't TRY to purposely think of things to make/produce/buy and sell on, you'll rarely think of anything worthwhile!

Most of the best and most successful inventions and innovative products come from just realising one day. You'll encounter a problem or something you want, and you cant find it - you start selling it!

Unfortunately, like I said, it's difficult to think of ideas on the spot!
    Mind you that's what a lot of the most entertaining contestants on Dragons Den think they've done.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, aint that the truth! :')

End of the day OP - you need money to make money....usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1994mrj)
    I know this is a real big general question posted on lots of forums and there's no one quick fix scheme to become a millionaire but how can you begin making money, whether it be online or other ways..
    Invest some money in a revolutionary product and go to Dragons' Den and present it. If you're lucky, you end up with a huge business making hundreds of thousands every year.

ReputationRep:
    get a job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    get a job?
    MUCH easier said than done, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what I was thinking.. I'm looking for something which I can create a nice little amount of money, but I can be flexible.. and put in what I want so that it don't interfere with exams

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what I was thinking.. I'm looking for something which I can create a nice little amount of money, but I can be flexible.. and put in what I want so that it don't interfere with exams
    Call centre. I give my availability week by week and the supervisors divvy out the shifts based on when you're available.

It has the downside of you getting few or no shifts if projects are low, but it's is the most flexible student job I've seen.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know where my nearest call centre is, I don't exactly live in a place with thriving industry and loads of offices:/

ReputationRep:
    Printing Press and a Scanner.

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    Expand on that Kar

ReputationRep:
    Expand on that Kar
    You asked how to make money.

Kareir took this to it's literal conclusion and recommended forgery, so that you can literally "make" money.

Good joke.

ReputationRep:
    Offer your body for use in medical experiments.

ReputationRep:
    An events staffing agency is a good bet, I was and still am on the books of one - called up weekly to see what they had to offer/said when I was available....not guaranteed, but in summer there is usually plenty of work, usually means working event days though (bonfire night, new years,)

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.