What is your favourite country in Europe and why? Watch

Poem boy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Following on from the Guardian's current Europe series where people post video's saying what their favourite country in Europe is http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/new-europe-your-videos

I'm going to ask the same question on TSR. What is your favourite country in Europe and why?

I'll start with mine:

ICELAND

I love Iceland for several reasons. Firstly its one of the last remaining natural wildernesses in Europe and the scenery has a raw and moody beauty to it. I love the cleanliness, fresh air, hot springs, volcanoes and mountains. The Northern Lights in winter and the 24 sunlight in summer are also amazing.

Secondly I think Reykjavik is an awesome small city, the nightlife is awesome, the people are cool and friendly while there is a great live music scene there. It's somewhere I could really imagine being a great place to live.

Finally I love the Sagas and Viking heritage including the Icelandic language which is one of the coolest and most unique European languages I have ever heard. Has a harsh but melodic beauty to it.

So what do you guys think?
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Belgium BECAUSE OF THE CHOCOLATE. Not to mention the beautiful classic houses to put your feet up and enjoy enjoy the chocolate in.

Back at home, London's great but just so expensive, it's terrible really...
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Iceland or Norway.

Iceland has volcanoes, tundra landscapes, geysers and hot springs.
Norway has Fjords, mountains and dense forests.
Both have amazing sea life & the Northern Lights

The people in both places seem pretty relaxed & friendly and most of them can speak better English than 90% of the population in the USA and UK.

Neither are places crowded.

The weather isn't that much better than Scottish weather, but I hate hot weather anyway, so it doesn't bother me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (54)
75%
Leave (18)
25%

Watched Threads