Turn on thread page Beta

Change from Dual to Triple Science halfway through year? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello ^_^, I want to change from Dual Science to Triple Science for my GCSEs.
    Although the problem is, we've just took the P1a, C1a and B1a exams, (2nd March), I asked my teacher whether it was possible to change, but she said although it was a good idea, she doesn't know whether the exams are coded differently for Triple Science students.

The Dual Science students and Triple Science take exactly the same exams in Year 10, and the Triple take the extra exams in Year 11. I am halfway through Year 10, so I wouldn't have to do any catch up work.

Do you know anyone that has changed after already taking one exam?

The reason I want to change, if you're wondering, is because I took OCR IT, which was a stupid, stupid idea. And I'd replace the additional IT lessons on my timetable for Science. In OCR IT, you can only get a "Distinction", the equivalent of an A grade, but you can't get an A*, unlike in the Sciences, so it would seem a better idea to do Triple instead as I'm able to get an A*, and I find IT really dull and uninteresting unlike Science.

ReputationRep:
    it should be fine. i changed from spanish to triple science a year into the course, and had no problems.

as long as you're prepared to catch up with the triple science class, it should be okay, as they share the same exams, except triple has three extra exams after the usual 9.

my teachers were very reluctant about me moving, perhaps thats why your teacher said that? i had to go to my head of year, heads of the departments and my headteacher before they agreed to let me move. at the end of the day if you think its best for you, try your best to move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    it should be fine. i changed from spanish to triple science a year into the course, and had no problems.

as long as you're prepared to catch up with the triple science class, it should be okay, as they share the same exams, except triple has three extra exams after the usual 9.

my teachers were very reluctant about me moving, perhaps thats why your teacher said that? i had to go to my head of year, heads of the departments and my headteacher before they agreed to let me move. at the end of the day if you think its best for you, try your best to move.
    Thanks ^_^ Which exam board were you on? I forgot to mention that we're doing AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke)
    Thanks ^_^ Which exam board were you on? I forgot to mention that we're doing AQA
    it was either AQA or Edexcel - but i'm pretty sure it was AQA

ReputationRep:
    The school are letting me enter privately In my March science exams I got an A* and full marks in Chemistry and Physics, and got an A in Biology ^_^

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.