The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Wait until you visit them, that will make it a lot easier to decide. You have aaaages.
It's not really the biggest dilemma in the world....Oh no all these universities have accepted me by November and I only have 4 months!! :p:
Congratulations, by the way! :smile:
Reply 2
Sorry... I didn't want to seem like I was moaning.... but maybe I did LOL!

Just wondered if anyone else has ever accepted a "low" offer as their firm, and if so, what about an insurance choice...
Reply 3
Life sucks eh.
answer to the question posed in thread title: NO!!

:beerglass I applied on the 11th of October and have 0 offers.
Reply 5
Visit the universities with an unbiased mindset, you've got all of your offers so you don't have to worry any more!
Reply 6
danxxx
Hi,

Ok so I'm sitting here with 6 offers... but I don't know quite what to do!

Aston has made me the highest offer of ABB... but my instincts are telling me I don't want to go there.

Brunel have offered me BBC... but I haven't visited yet.

On the open day I really liked Kingston... but I feel like because they made me a lower offer I couldn't really choose them as a firm?

What should I do!

Well first think about their reputations. I know nothing about marketing faculties but I've heard Kingston and Brunel being talked of in awed tones. I've also heard of Aston, but if you don't like it ditch it, follow your instincts. Personally I'd put Brunel first, but I've never visited, in fact as a humanities girl I have no idea where it is.

If you want to got to Kingston more then put it as firm, it doesn't matter if you don't have a lower insurance option (because if you had put it second and missed the grades you still would have missed it anyways and if you put them as firm they're more likely to accept you if you drop a grade).

The only thing left to say is that a high offer doesn't equate to a better or more suitable place. Make time to visit the unis and write relevant notes after each visit, so by the time you come back to review your choices things are still clear.
Reply 7
Visit the universties; check the university rankings and teaching ratings; email the university asking them to put you in touch with current students; ask to visit your course's department. Never decide on universities no matter how high or low the offer is.

Good luck :smile:
I'd say visit all the unis again before making any decisions, but if you want to go to Kingston, put it as your firm and don't bother with an insurance. It's a lower offer, so it's less likely you won't meet it anyway.
Reply 9
I don't know whether this is relevant to you, I couldn't stay anywhere for 3 years where the campus wasn't visually agreeable. Aston has an awesome business school (so I hear), but the campus is a slab of concrete with a few tall grey buildings.

Visit Brunel, unless you hate it, why not have that as your first and Kingston as your second. If you don't like Brunel, there's always the other three.

by the way, what are your predicted grades?
isnt it best to put the place you would most want to go as your firm despite whether the offer is the lowest one of not!
Reply 11
Yes, it's better to put your first choice as the firm regardless of the offer conditions.
Yes, it's better to put your first choice as the firm regardless of the offer conditions.

yes but he/she hasn't the other yet, might like it even better!

like Brunel better: put that as F, Kingston as I
don't like it better: put Kingston as only

anyway a low offer for a place you want is good, less likely to be disappointed :smile:
Reply 13
ailuros
Personally I'd put Brunel first, but I've never visited, in fact as a humanities girl I have no idea where it is.

It's about 1/2 hour- 45 mins away from proper London. It's not actually in main London, if that's what ur thinking. It is, however, cheaper, and a reasonable distance away, so I guess its the best of both worlds. But im basing my opinions on only the Uxbridge campus, I don't know if there are others. As everyone else has said, visit and then decide.

Latest

Trending

Trending